I'm sure that most 13 year olds have plenty of experience of getting the p**s ripped out of them by their peers, and plenty of experience of ripping the **** out of their peers. There's a fair few cocky kids who will rip the p**s out of random adults too, especially if those adults appear to be vulnerable.

As long as the gentleman wasn't actually threatening then I don't see this thread as any more than a chance to whinge about people who really are a lot worse off than most of us posting here.

At the end of the day its not right to teach children to treat anyone as sub-human - even if they do have drug addictions.

But we are all not that well off, especially at this time in the current climate - does that makes us turn to crime like the junkies do? No!

Isnt this awful to think a 13 year old is threatenend like this ?

There's a few 13 year olds i'd love to see threatened like this too!

It's not only uneducated people who fall on hard times.

Not long ago in Sheffield a guy on the streets died.He was an alcoholic,but he was also intelligent,(ex social worker)He had suffered from mental health problems and heavy workloads for years.Sometimes life can overwhelm some folk and everything spirals out of control.

Very true.

I know of one person who is now a volunteer at a project in South Yorkshire which helped him, who is quite high up in one of the worlds biggest software companies.

So it can happen to us all.

Regarding the people sat outside Cathedral tram stop, I think them are mostly alcoholics and not junkies. When the Police recruitment van (?) was parked there the other day, there was not one in sight!

The whole of the city within the Ring Road is a Alcohol Restriction Zone, yet I have only seen this policed once: a policeman confiscating a can of cider off someone drinking on the wall outside Lloyds No. 1 facing the fountain. He then proceeded to get another can out of his bag when they left!

Very true.

I know of one person who is now a volunteer at a project in South Yorkshire which helped him, who is quite high up in one of the worlds biggest software companies.

So it can happen to us all.

Regarding the people sat outside Cathedral tram stop, I think them are mostly alcoholics and not junkies. When the Police recruitment van (?) was parked there the other day, there was not one in sight!

The whole of the city within the Ring Road is a Alcohol Restriction Zone, yet I have only seen this policed once: a policeman confiscating a can of cider off someone drinking on the wall outside Lloyds No. 1 facing the fountain. He then proceeded to get another can out of his bag when they left!

That pub has the weirdest predicament in Sheffield with regards to the smoking ban. You buy a bottled and beer and head out to drink it and have a cig (I think you might be supposed to leave drink inside, but you don't want to be getting spiked). You are now closer to the SPAR off license across the road and their alcohol section than you are the pub bar. You are essentially a street drinker paying pub prices, if you visit there as a smoker.

I just want some money for food. Its bloody freezing sat outside the cathedral all day you try it! Next time im there just give me some money and stop moaning.

The cathedral and its followers help run the Archer project for drug and alcohol users and also vendors of the big issue up to six years ago I was one of the 'scum' 'druggies' etc etc although I never hassled anybody for money, I did commit crime to fuel my habit .

I dont agree with hassling members of the public, I dont agree these people are scum, I just know that prison does not work, every city has a drug problem, and when you do set out to lead a different life your past travels with you, and does not let you move forward I have found this particulary so when you involve the police and sheffield council (Just talking from personnal experiance.) Cheers

cheers for all the help everyone

my sons a good lad he was just a bit shook up that sum junky **** gave him some lip and tryed to get money out of him, the issue has now been resolved and i dont think that the junky in question will be bothering people for a while!

cheers