just got in from work to see my 13 year old extremely upset at some "tramps" who gave him lip at the Cathedral tram stop. He says they asked him for some change and when he said no they began to take the **** out of him.

Anyone else know of any junky types in the town centre? specificly the cathedral?

he described one as a small white male, short black hair and bad skin ???

any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

They always hang about there, trying to scrounge cigs etc.

They're always around the area so your bound to see them sooner or later.

I personally haven't seen him though, sorry.

I hate them, I actually despise them and have no sympathy for them. I had one come up to me while I was on my own with the kids the other day. I was in tears when I got home. The arse wanted money off me for smack (sorry for the bus) I have 4 kids to look after and you want my money? you scum get a job and go away.

The Cathedral is well known for drunks and druggies. Thankfully I've never been approached by any of them. The cathedral area down towards the job centre - I have seen many drunks, passed out outside job centre plus and other occasions where people are walking down the street (back of cathedral) can-in-hand yelling at each other in the day time.

Im sorry your son was upset, useless junkies!

They've never asked me for money but as soon as they see that im smoking they rush up to ask if i can spare a cig. There seem's to be a mixture of young and old un's and one is always riding on a bike.

as oscar wilde said - Oscar Wilde We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

I think the cathedral has a drop in centre, so they tend to hang around. Helps remind kids why they need to stick at an education and keep on the straight and narrow.

as oscar wilde said - Oscar Wilde We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

I think the cathedral has a drop in centre, so they tend to hang around. Helps remind kids why they need to stick at an education and keep on the straight and narrow.

Not really it reminds them that its not a safe place to be because someone pitys the morons that dish out the crap.

just got in from work to see my 13 year old extremely upset at some "tramps" who gave him lip at the Cathedral tram stop. He says they asked him for some change and when he said no they began to take the **** out of him.

Anyone else know of any junky types in the town centre? specificly the cathedral?

It's where the **** artists sit all day - they shift early evening, not sure if they are in the archer project or just lost causes... Never seen em have a go at anyone but oneanother though?

Isnt this awful to think a 13 year old is threatenend like this ?

Isnt this awful to think a 13 year old is threatenend like this ?

When you are raised in a city, this is what you learn to live with though isn't it? I was bought up in Nottingham, and although not a violent city in the 90's it certainly broadened my mind very early doors! Probably a one off - not enough meths in B&Q or something... I am sure he'll learn to stick up for himself in future though...

It annoys me when they pick on kids. I was at the bus stop outside (what was then) Virgin a while back and a bloke came round asking for/demanding money. There was a group of three girls who were probably around 12 or 13 sat in front of me and when they didn't give him any money, he went mad calling them ******* *******. They looked absolutely terrified. I told him to leave them alone and he gave me a mouthful before stomping off. It's unbelievable how they just expect everyone else, including children, to pay for their drugs.

I hope your son's feeling better now.