Have you lost your company money through incompetence.

What's the biggest clanger you have dropped at work?and how much did it cost them?

In my first job on leaving school(forklift driver) i was racing around and managed to smash down 2 doors costing 10grand,(i kept my job)

What's yours.

What's the biggest clanger you have dropped at work?and how much did it cost them?

In my first job on leaving school(forklift driver) i was racing around and managed to smash down 2 doors costing 10grand,(i kept my job)

What's yours.

Hit a couple of water pipes with drills, dropped a roof ladder off a roof once narrowly missing a new Merc. Totalled a company van and car. Nothing too bad

Hit a couple of water pipes with drills, dropped a roof ladder off a roof once narrowly missing a new Merc. Totalled a company van and car. Nothing too bad

My mate an electrician couldn't be bothered to locate a gas pipe and drilled through the wall at work.He punctured the pipe costing the company £250,000

in lost food and production.

Guess what.."HE" kept his job.:huh:

My mate an electrician couldn't be bothered to locate a gas pipe and drilled through the wall at work.He punctured the pipe costing the company £250,000

in lost food and production.

Guess what.."HE" kept his job.:huh:

Ouch ouch ouch

He must have some mates in high places

Ouch ouch ouch

He must have some mates in high places

Just thinking back, i think the wall was actually marked where the pipes were.

4 new tyres for a Renault Megane 225. It wasn't incompetence, just great fun.

Just thinking back, i think the wall was actually marked where the pipes were.

I heard all sorts of similar tales in a previous job. Items drilled through allegedly include a cupboard (and then a pair of hand-stitched brogues) a 2000 pound Sari (also in a cupboard, day before a wedding) and the most difficult to believe, a sleeping dog :huh:

In my first job on leaving school(forklift driver) i was racing around and managed to smash down 2 doors costing 10grand,(i kept my job).

Me too. We'd just changed our heavy slow truck for a faster, lighter three-wheeler. I put the forks through an internal brick wall and damaged the roll cage.

Made a couple of mistakes, to the tune of maybe £500 over three years. I thought that was quite bad until I read this thread!

Gosh, this does look bad.

For me, it's being argumentative to a new 20-something boss, which then sacked me. However, the same way has been used in new company, and they championed me for it.

I don't think I've lost the company any more money. I have refused to comply to a civil servant before on his suggestion, but I know my company would be in bigger poo if we did, and didn't know what will happen. He was so aggressive that I was in tears. That was in my first job.

In my current job, they champion this kind of mentality, which takes a load off my mind. We (my team) work our guts to deliver whenever and wherever possible. What I do, do, and my team mates do not, is to notify the person who did the cause of damage, so that they can know it in the future and own up to the responsibility of it.

One guy clicked a wrong button and updated thousands of records in the financial system and it took a week to mop it back up and cross-reference archived records. I could bloomin wring his neck. :mad: All his manager could say was "I will make sure he never does it again". Yet, we're going to be in the poo poo if the records did not look like it was before it was signed off and audited! Some dept would get the bad rep. Even when we try to cover for the small fish employee of these mistakes. We got told off for not securing out the button and that the employee found his way to it. :|

£$"£%&"%!