Whitbreads brewery

Hello Shane,

I worked at Whitbreads from1984 until it closed. You mentioned my dad Graham. He still lives at High Green, he worked with your dad in the early 80's, he often tells me loads of stories about him. I remember coming to your house once I think it was in Ecclesfield.

I have fond memories of the football trips, the one that stands out for me was the Brussels trophy fiinal against Marlow. I remember being told no beer was allowed by the side of the pitch, but we had bin liners full of Gold Label. I think Dave Barker was sent off, and some one else but I can't remember who.

Cheers Ian

Hi Ian

i remember your dad well. He was a keen fisherman if i remember?

i saw dave barker a few months back in town - he is doing well - he has a sports shop in hillsborough.

nice to hear these stories

cheers

shane

My best mate Pete Naylor worked at the Ladys Bridge site until it closed then moved to Salemsbury at Preston and he still works for Inbev there. He lives at a place called Walton le Dale near Bamber Bridge and is a close neighbour of Mick Caveney.

For anyone interested there is a facebook page for whitbread exchange brewery-all welcome:thumbsup:

Hi just thought I would post these pictures, as it is 20years ago on the 13th January 2013 that it was decided the Exchange brewery would close, and stop beer production.

6d6bedfe07939143b816209ddb868c5b.jpg

And on Monday 14th of January 2013 it is 20 years since this was the front page of the Sheffield star.

a0ca4174222cb5b71618fbbe4320cb70.jpg

Would you please put this on exchange brewery facebook page? Found it extremely interesting

Andrew Crowther

Just to let you all know

Sid Crowther (electrician) retired 1984 Has passed away 21-01-2013

Service at

Grenoside Crematorium, Skew Hill, Grenoside,S35 8RZ

Monday 11th February 2013 at 1.0Pm in South Chaple

I rember a lot of his work mates Martin, Colin, thay did my wedding cars for me Alan,Peter,Laszlo

it would be nice to see you if you can

Andy

Hi I ran the Soda Fountain castle market 1967-1983, every sat morning the brewery lads would shout there breakfasr orders as they came up the steps at 8am.Bacon or sausage butties were the order of the day.I also used to buy barrels from the brewery cut in half , paint and then sell them as garden tubs, nice little earner. Great times.

Hello Shane,

the last time I saw you was in '94 in the Tate Gallery in London. Can we have a chat about your Dad?

Steven

my dad worked with grayson and winnie. his name was john higgins (passed away in '94)

not seen them for a long time. brought back lots of memories seeing this thread. thanks.

my dad loved it there. did over 25 years i think.

others i remember from that time...steph, dave barker, phil brown and a few more when there names come back to me.

shane

Hello Shane,

the last time I saw you was in '94 in the Tate Gallery in London. Can we have a chat about your Dad?

Steven

Sent you a message. Check you PM inbox

my father in law worked at the ladys bridge one ,dont know what year he started but retired around 1983/4 think he was a charge hand name "jack" john simpson tall thin fellow died in 1992 from an illness anyone remember him?

---------- Post added 23-05-2013 at 09:42 ----------

my father in law worked at the ladys bridge one ,dont know what year he started but retired around 1983/4 think he was a charge hand name "jack" john simpson tall thin fellow died in 1992 from an illness anyone remember him?

been told it was 81/2 he left in

Can anyone remmeber Mick Caveney he worked at Witbreads and moved to Sambury / Preston. Im related to him