Whitbreads brewery

Is this the brewery that used to stink out the Wicker?

Stink? To some of us it was a wonderful aroma. So evocative of a Sheffield that has long gone.

I loved the smell of the malt mash as it came up towards FitzAlan Square, when I was a child.

I loved the smell of the malt mash as it came up towards FitzAlan Square, when I was a child.

Whenever mi' Mum took mi' to Sheff ( late 50's -early 60's ) We'd get off the 89 bus in Bridge St an' she'd allus complain abaht t'smell from t' Brewery :rant:... ( i was only a Young 'Un, but i quite liked it :hihi: )

pete,did you used to work at bassetts?

Hi okismoki

Only just seen your mail. Yes I did work at bassetts late 70s.

Did you work there.

All the best

Hi okismoki

Only just seen your mail. Yes I did work at bassetts late 70s.

Did you work there.

All the best

no mate,but my sister did,she had quite a thing for you....she worked with sharon warburton,angela jones and donna wright,her name was lynn.

Does anyone remember Charlie Hill who was a Boiler Man? and a chap called Hedley cant remember his surname, I think he was a painter. I worked as a spare boiler man for around a year it was the worst year of my life.

Charlie was my Uncle,he died a few years ago.He had a reputation for being a bit of a character!

I worked in the Bottling hall and kegging.A lot of my family also worked at Bridge street over the years

Charles Hill (grandfather )

Charlie Hill (uncle)

Herbert Hill (uncle)

Willis Hill (father)

Tom Taylor (uncle)

Bob Hill (brother)

Worked in the brewery till it shut,Find it very sad that all we seem to do is hear how someone else has passed away!This year we have said goodbye to some real characters-Big Barrie,Winnie and Gary Cahill.All sadly missed.

Menzo:headbang:

I worked in the Bottling hall and kegging.A lot of my family also worked at Bridge street over the years

Charles Hill (grandfather )

Charlie Hill (uncle)

Herbert Hill (uncle)

Willis Hill (father)

Tom Taylor (uncle)

Bob Hill (brother)

Hi Rich is that you

hi there im the wife of ken birks. ken worked at both millsands and shepcote lane at the latter end he was shunting in the yards. hes doing fine and now 78 yrs old.

anyone work at whitbreads brewery bridge street around 1983-1993

anyone work at whitbreads brewery bridge street around 1983-1993

My Mum Susan Cocker Started work at Whitbreads in the Wages Office in 1969, my mums Friend Linda who also worked there recently gave me alot of photo's of the Brewery, and of the people who worked most of all the name you mention are on the photos.

Steven :)

My Mum Susan Cocker Started work at Whitbreads in the Wages Office in 1969, my mums Friend Linda who also worked there recently gave me alot of photo's of the Brewery, and of the people who worked most of all the name you mention are on the photos.

Steven :)

Hi Steven - I worked with your mom and do you mean Linda May? It was such a great place to work.

Send my best xx