Whitbreads brewery

Hi Martyn Sparks! just to help fill in your blanks,Jim Sterling was a good friend,the two 'Freds' were personal friends and your fourth blank was Thomas Dodworth who was my stepfather,he worked there for years. I myself drove the delivery trucks and was ecstatic to drive the first 'Dennis' low loader,I can also remember quite a few of the drivers names. Tony P.

my uncle winnie worked there sadly he passed away on christmas day 2010 rip winnie x

my uncle winnie worked there sadly he passed away on christmas day 2010 rip winnie x

oh no! Do you mean Winnie Mathews? If so I knew him for many years. So sorry he was smashing.

Does anyone remember Charlie Hill who was a Boiler Man? and a chap called Hedley cant remember his surname, I think he was a painter. I worked as a spare boiler man for around a year it was the worst year of my life.

I remember going on a trip to watch Whitbreads play in a football match down south in the late 80's, my mate was playing for them (Darran Hanson). What a day that was, free booze, free food, but don't ask me what the score was, no idea! :hihi:

Hi My Uncle Terry Hussey used to be a delivery driver for Whitbread.... anyone remember him? :)

hi Ruthies,i remember terry hussey , he was a driver for tennants then it changed to whitbreads, i think it was about 1969, 70 ''good bloke '' tony p

im carl ....winston matthews son and ye sadly he passed away xmas day

had many good memories we everyone dwn there at whitbreads

goin in ladys bridge n winnin subuteo tournament n bein around sutch amazin people who allways made u feel welcome no matter what and allways a good laugh we folks like

steph

wayne savage

ken grayson

john higgins (got a pic of em dad we john higgins in a fram to)

steve menzies

big baz

mark staniland

cant realy remeber anymore but got loads of pics from there lads holls

been to some fantastic football games we whitbread team wen they used to go allover country playin teams in brusslels trophy

dave barker in net a top goalie

big wayne sav at back kickin owt above grass (LOL)

i used to be the little fat kid who used to allways be there playin footie we justin gray son (ken graysons son) and joe barker (dave barkers son)

i also scored past me dad we a penalty at deepdale wen it was plastic pitch n me n justin n joe took over that kop.....even tho they was only us there

lol

like to thank all the old work mates of me dads who turned up to funeral it was nice seein old faces

cheers

xxx

Heres a line up of names for you;

Brian Reynolds Pete Hampshire Colin Atkins Fred Sweet George Bartrem Roy Townsend Terry Davenport Eddie Loy Willis Hague Roy Foster Ken Birks Ron Capewell ( Sheffield Weds reserve Goalkeeper) Terry Hussey Dennis Stringfellow (Related to Peter) Billy Carol Brian Potter Dennis Breaks Tommy Tyson Cyrel Brammer Roy Brammer Sammy Rudge Harry Rudge Pete Rudge Brian Vickers Dennis Gledhill RonTilney

Nat Olera (manager Transport) Les Dawson (Union Man) Brian Green Eric Wilson

Eric Smadley Barry Nichols Norman Swift Allan Chadburn Joe Thompson Fred Howe

Walt Machin John Machin Peter Higgins Peter Parkinson.

All the above names were given to me today by (Bill Hague also known as Canonball) incidently whos birthday it is today at the age of 78.,

He never forgets the wonderfull people and brilliant company that he worked for.

Edited by Joseph M

Brian Reynolds Pete Hampshire Colin Atkins Fred Sweet George Bartrem Roy Townsend Terry Davenport Eddie Loy Willis Hague Roy Foster Ken Birks Ron Capewell ( Sheffield Weds reserve Goalkeeper) Terry Hussey Dennis Stringfellow (Related to Peter) Billy Carol Brian Potter Dennis Breaks Tommy Tyson Cyrel Brammer Roy Brammer Sammy Rudge Harry Rudge Pete Rudge Brian Vickers Dennis Gledhill RonTilney

All the above names were given to me today by (Bill Hague also known as Canonball) incidently whos birthday it is today at the age of 78.,

He never forgets the wonderfull people and brilliant company that he worked for.

I remember Bill very well,he would do anything for anyone..ask him if he remembers Jack Ford and Les Garforth plus Horace Barlow. I joined Tennants in 1961 and if my memory is good I think Whitbread took over around 1965/6

I can remember him delivering tankers of Gold Label to Bass on Claywheels Lane.If my memory is right he was very knowledgable about racehorses and If I remember he lived on Winn Gardens!