Festivals suitable for children?

Glastonburys the best festival for kids

we took our eldest when she was about 1 (and it was amuddy year :( )

theres a family camp site (where we always camp) which is just above the kids field...where kids can stay in all day (bodger and badger were on EVERY year i went lol)

I didnt know glastonbury had a kids area. I dont know how much of bodger and badger I could cope with though. :hihi:

A friend of mine has recommended the Cropredy festival @ Banbury. Him and his partner take their kids - under 12's are free. A bit too folksy for me though.

SOLFEST but it's in Cumbria

Off the Tracks looks child friendly but I have not been, thats near Donnington.

I use http://www.efestivals.co.uk, and they have a massive list of big and small festivals on there. Might be worth searching through them.

I would say that most festivals CAN be suitable for kids, but it depends on the parents and on the kids!

I go to Reading festival every year, and it is possibly one of the least family friendly festivals. But every year there are plenty of people who take kids. There is 'quiet' and family camping and the like. I don't have kids so can't say whether I would take them, but I have seen all ages there and camping.

I know there are quite a lot of smaller festivals in the Yorkshire area which are much cheaper and seem more family friendly though.

Glastonbury is the best family friendly festival to go to. I wish my parents would have taken me when I was a child. I go every year & I have seen children off all ages, newborns to teenagers. There are two huge kids’ areas, the biggest one where the family camping is & the kid’s area in the Greenfield’s. I’ve been in both & to an adult they are amazing & could quite imagine it to be even better to a child. Unfortunately all tickets are sold out for this year but if they do the same system for next year, you can pay a deposit to secure a ticket in October. Kids under 13 go free as well!

I’ve never been to any of the following festivals but I spend quite most of my time of festival community boards & the like. These are the most popular family friendly festivals

Latitude, Womad, the Big Chill, Secrete Garden Party & Bestival. They all have fantastic children’s/family facilities & children’s areas.

Tribfest in Beverly is good, cheap, and not too far to travel. It's only got a 5,000 capacity so won't be as daunting trying to get the kids through big crowds.

I've been going to Glastonbury since the early 80s and it's always been kid-friendly. Avoid the more commercial 'music' festivals like Leeds, and look for more 'multi-cultural' events like Glasto (the daddy of them all), The Secret Garden Party, Green Man or one of the many smaller festivals.

Look on here...

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/

Glastonbury is brilliant for kids but it is absolutely huge so can be tiring for little ones and for parents.

Shambala is a lovely smaller festival which is overrun with anklebiters :Dhttp://www.shambalafestival.org/

I would consider what kind of music and atmosphere you guys like and there will most likely be a festival to cater for that and your kids.