Help: Classic VW Beetle

My girlfriend currently owns a 1970 1200cc VW Beetle (Jezebel).

Although it's in great condition for it's age (very little rust, original interior in good condition etc.) there is a slight dent in the bonnet. I'm currently looking for good quality* parts to replace this and/or someone to sell the Beetle to.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I can get the necessary parts then please reply.

Anyone who is interested in purchasing the car, or wanting extra information (mileage, photos, viewings) feel free to private message me! :)

* good quality = original parts, not weak mexican imports.

Can't help with ya plight, but would love to see some pics. :)

I love those old bugs. Never driven one, but they just look like fun.

Try Euro Parts on Penistone Road. As for original parts!! Start getting your wallet out! As that is where the expensive things start. You may scoff at Mexican parts but they are just the same!! The bonnet will just bolt on as does the rest of the car!!

From what we've heard, Mexican parts (made out of alluminium) are very weak which is especially important when it comes to the bonnet. We've heard that the panels often bend from just the opening and the closing of the bonnet they're that flimsey.

I'll try and get some links to pictures soon. :)

My girlfriend currently owns a 1970 1200cc VW Beetle (Jezebel).

Although it's in great condition for it's age (very little rust, original interior in good condition etc.) there is a slight dent in the bonnet. I'm currently looking for good quality* parts to replace this and/or someone to sell the Beetle to.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I can get the necessary parts then please reply.

Anyone who is interested in purchasing the car, or wanting extra information (mileage, photos, viewings) feel free to private message me! :)

* good quality = original parts, not weak mexican imports.

My friends have a garage near the wicker and have beetles and campers, I could ask them if they can help?

My friends have a garage near the wicker and have beetles and campers, I could ask them if they can help?

That would be great, thanks.

I wonder if they'd also know anyone who would like to take it off our hands too?

Wish you had posted this before! We have a 1963 Split screen camper and my other half was looking for a bettle as a daily drive but has now changed his mind and is going for an old golf clipper instead!!!

Regarding parts i suggest you go on volkszone and post on there. You could get a old bonnet to fit the car from 1970's so it looks original and match the paint. You can get original bettle colours still. You can also advertise it on volkzone for sale and should sell it pretty quick. If your not in a rush you could look for a bonnet at one of the VW shows. Tatton park (i think!) is coming up and they always have VW parts. You can also park it in the for sale section at the show. Alot of people that would buy a old bettle would buy it regardless of the dent in the bonnet!!! They like that!

My other half takes the camper to somewhere in wath upon dearne and there really good. Just done his mates bettle and it looks really good. He wouldnt take it anywhere else!

Hope this helps! :)

We have a 1963 Split screen camper:)

:love:

It is nice but my other half spends more time with it than he does me!!! :)

It is nice but my other half spends more time with it than he does me!!! :)

I don't blame him! ;)

Only jesting. :) They really are lovely. The new ones, although beautiful to look at and practical to the end, lack the character that these old babies have.