it sounds to me like some people just turn up and dont realy take notice, may be somebody would take notice when they have a child under there wheel 70 pound 3 points and the course all together sound good to me

i was doing 59mph in a 50 zone so might of just missed out then. oh well, still managed to go 4 years without anymore points so maybe i didnt need the course anyway but would of liked to have been offered it

Its a no brainer really isn't it, it is costing £10 more as you would be paying a £60 fine anyway, and saving you getting 3 points.

do you have to be caught by a police car to do this course? i got cought twice by speed cameras i think and didnt get offered it, i would of done it mainly because i wouldnt of got the points but also would of been a good refresher course

it all depends when u got caught as this test only came in about august 2007. i just missed out on it by a month after getting done by a mobile camera. i since got caught again on penistone road/bottom rutland road and found out it only applies to first 3 points.

if you get caught speeding again in a 3 year period from taking the awareness course the its a straight 3 points and a fine

Today I received notification in the post.I was clocked doing 37 in a 30 limit, but it was near Bridlington. Am I to assume that I would have to go somewhere in that region for the speed awareness course or would Humberside police refer it back to South yorkshire police instead?

they make you watch dvds on road saftey and i think theres some sort of questions u have to answer

My hubbys been on it .......... it saved him the points, apparently its 'unfailable'

Today I received notification in the post.I was clocked doing 37 in a 30 limit, but it was near Bridlington. Am I to assume that I would have to go somewhere in that region for the speed awareness course or would Humberside police refer it back to South yorkshire police instead?

There isn't general transferability - different police force areas have awarded contracts for the courses to different organisations/companies so you could be heading back to Brid or wherever they run courses over there.

My hubbys been on it .......... it saved him the points, apparently its 'unfailable'

That's because it's not a test.

take the course .... best option...i got fined and 6 points...didnt get the option to do a course...i guess its cuz im black:loopy:

Just wanted to put your mind at rest, the Speed Awareness Course is'nt that bad, I know because I'm one of the Driving Instructors that run them. There is no pass or fail, the course is 4hrs long and is now run at a unit in Catcliffe not Norfolk Park. You can already have points on your licence and it does'nt matter when you got them, but you can only do a course once evey 3 years and it depends how much over the limit you were. Hope that helps :)