Zoo Mag for men. How Old Do You Have To Be To Buy It?

Originally posted by leddi

I didn't say they were the same as 'prostitutes'.. I said it was prostitution... as in to debase oneself..misuse one's talents etc.. I did explain earlier that I did not mean in the sexual context.. that ok?

So why pray tell is a topless model debasing herself and misusing her talents - surely if she is attractive with nice breasts it would be misusing her talents not to expose them!?!?!?

Guest rosie

They talk about and look at much more than zoo at school.

At least if you are honest and open, they will be ok.

Zoo is not on the top shelf anyway, and The Sport is much worse and they can read that if they deliver newspapers.

Sorry, but I think there is a world of difference between educating your child openly and honestly about the ins and outs of sex (yes, what a great play on words, you may all applaud now) and exposing them to titillating publications designed for late teens and adults.

It's just in my opinion..thats all! I'm sure the women in that magazine have got other talents... I'm not really agaisnt it.. People like Jordan (who is a very shrewd business women) has made millions from very bored men with too much time on their hands..(er..not to mention something else!). I just would not want to explain to a child of that age, that women take their clothes off, for men (or.. granted, women), for money. IMO. I have nothing against any parent that would, or one that let their child buy it..

:lol::hihi: Gawd this takes me back!

My auntie used to run about 3 'catalogues' when I was a kid.

You know, Grattan, Littlewoods type.

Me n my cousin (1 yr younger) would get them all & secrete them away to "look at the toys" :heyhey: :heyhey:

Funny how we never got passed the pages 600-700 (lingerie)

& the bath / shower section :clap:

This was around age 10/11 ish :thumbsup:

Guest rosie

Well Sheffette I think you are wrong about the publication and what age reads it.

But what do I know, a mum of 3 sons all over 16, not much I suppose.

Originally posted by Internetowl

its not just tits - there's football, tv and other stuff teenage boys and men are interested in...

better Zoo than Gay Times ;)

I'd rather read Zoo than Gay Times, though FHM is better.

Rosie - first up, I know that Zoo is NOT a top-shelf magazine, I was using an analogy to point out that just because a child wants to see or do something doesn't mean they should be able to.

Secondly - go on the Zoo website and check out their target audience information.

They say they aim their mag at young men from 16 to 30, and that their average reader is 25. They say the magazine should give that 'target reader' all the 'pub ammo' he needs to entertain his mates in the boozer.

I am not criticising Zoo, but I do feel that does not describe a ten-year-old kid!

Nor am I suggesting kids should be kept in some sinister Victorian state of 'innocence' for as long as possible. I've worked in schools and I know kids - they're not like that, lol. What I do feel is that a ten-year-old would perhaps not be able to contextualise a magazine such as Zoo in the way an older teenager would be able to.

in which case he'll probably not waste his pocket money on it again. Make a fuss about it and he definitely will.

I think you have to have a mental age of under 12 don't you?