Zoo Mag for men. How Old Do You Have To Be To Buy It?

Originally posted by leddi

They are paid to take their clothes off? I think I would rather protect my child's innocence for a bit longer than 10 years, before I had to start explaining prostitution.

I'm afraid it's too late. If he is already interested in the magazines. I feel that confusing topless models with prostitution is a simple and un-called for irrelevance. Especially when you compare teen [and pre-teen] girl magazines, who are constantly brought to book with the graphic nature of their advice and articles.

And also the way that young children are encouraged to get so-called adult clothing like thongs and encouraged to behave years older than their age, with pierced ears, mobile phones, mini motorcycles, etc..

Darn it... back to the convent for me then!

I wasn't using the word prostitution in the 'sexual' meaning.

slightly off topic, but LEGALLY he is allowed to buy the magazines, and also LEGALLY allowed to buy "top shelf" magazines too.

There is no law that says that you must be over 18 to buy these publications, sad as it may seem.

Thats why most newsagents have them on the top shelf, to prevent innocent eyes seeing them.

It is not illegal to sell "top shelf" magazines to under 18's, but it certainly is immoral. imo

(sad also that he would be able to buy "Mayfair" legally, but not to buy a packet of rizla's as they are classed as tobacco related products, and as such illegal to be bought by or sold to under 16'S)

I don't see the problem. Like others have said, if you create a fuss about it he will think there is something bad or unnatural about looking at topless women. And yes, it doesn't have pictures of naked women, just topless.

He will probably just have bought it because all his mates are buying it, don't make it a big deal and he will soon move onto something else.

I remember my mum banned me from reading "Shout" when I was about 13...but I just bought it anyway and hid it!

Banning your son from reading this will just cause him to be dishonest with you, and seeing as he is just about to enter puberty I would try and be as open as possible about it with him :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Internetowl

its not just tits - there's football, tv and other stuff teenage boys and men are interested in...

better Zoo than Gay Times ;)

I find that extremely offensive and narrow minded!!!!

Originally posted by rosie

What would you rather do then. Not allow him to read it.

Well guessed! Sorry, but in my view ten is too young to be ogling acres of boobs, never mind reading articles about one night stands and prosthetic penises.

And of course he'll want to read it if he thinks he can't, that's why young lads have their eyes firmly fixed on the top shelf in newsagents - but it doesn't mean the newsagent gets a step ladder out for them to reach it.

And before I'm pounced on, I've read plenty of 'lads mags' and was a big fan of Loaded - had better articles and writers than any female magazine I've picked up. I've even read Nuts (God help me - it was an accident, I swear.) Good fun - but not for ten-year-olds.

Originally posted by leddi

And what is different about those women, to those he will meet everyday? They are paid to take their clothes off? I think I would rather protect my child's innocence for a bit longer than 10 years, before I had to start explaining prostitution.

Ummm, please explain how women that are paid to do topless shoots are the same as prostitutes? :huh:

Originally posted by Lucy_Smith

I remember my mum banned me from reading "Shout" when I was about 13...but I just bought it anyway and hid it!

Lmao! That is exactly the same as me except I wasn't allowed to read Shout magazine until I was about 11/12. Now look at me... :heyhey::P

Just be thankful he's interested in tits rather than Titchmarsh, that WOULD be worrying....

I didn't say they were the same as 'prostitutes'.. I said it was prostitution... as in to debase oneself..misuse one's talents etc.. I did explain earlier that I did not mean in the sexual context.. that ok?

Im not banning him from reading it i was just a bit shocked at it been sold to him as i thought it was an adult mag

nothing against it

and had 2 laugh to my self when i went in his room 2nite

pictures of naked women all over his wall lol

i dont mind i like the pics 2 :-)

Originally posted by savbaby

sorry cant resist this one... you have a playboy bunny as ab avatar! so surely this is encouragement!???

sorry couldnt resist..

on a serious note then i wouldnt worry too much about it, its probably best that he is doing it openly rather than hiding it:D

i agree but as 4the rabbit a rabbit is a rabbit ,with a bow tie on ,no boobs and not playin with a sex toy dont think he knows about playboy yet but u never know lol il have to ask him he seems to know about everything else he does ask me quite a lot and im quite honest with him

and if he did read gay mags id fully suport him :-)