Zoo Mag for men. How Old Do You Have To Be To Buy It?

how old do you have to be to buy zoo mag for men

i would have thought at least 16yrs not (10yrs) my son bought the mag yesterday i cant understand why the shop sold it to him ive nothing against the mag its self but 10yrs is a bit too young to be looking at naked women

what do u lot think

Originally posted by Ange

i would have thought at least 16yrs not (10yrs) my son bought the mag yesterday i cant understand why the shop sold it to him ive nothing against the mag its self but 10yrs is a bit too young to be looking at naked women

what do u lot think

I dont see the problem in a 10 year old looking at naked women. Whats wrong with it? Its natural. And they will see it someday anyway. 10 year olds see naked people in sex education all the time at school. Its part of the learning process.

I think that magazine just shows topless women? This is no different than what your son would see if he went abroad, where most women lie on the beach topless. Or if you have a red top newspaper in the house.

I think that it is very important to have a healthy attitude to sex for someone who is young. why not ask him what he thinks of the magazine and why he has bought it? If he gives you a reasonable answer then I wouldn't worry about it.

If you take the magazine off him, you then make this into a contentious issue and he will still buy them and be more interested in them because they are forbidden fruit. But you will not be able to find them because he will keep them at a friend's house or in a hiding place.

its not just tits - there's football, tv and other stuff teenage boys and men are interested in...

better Zoo than Gay Times ;)

Originally posted by Ange

what do u lot think

sorry cant resist this one... you have a playboy bunny as ab avatar! so surely this is encouragement!???

sorry couldnt resist..

on a serious note then i wouldnt worry too much about it, its probably best that he is doing it openly rather than hiding it:D

Guest rosie

I allowed my sons to read adult releated books when they were 11. In society these days 10 is not young to learn and talk about sex with friends. I don`t mean have sex but discuss.

My daughter is 11 and her sex education lessions are the best I have ever heard about, very informitive and very well conducted.

They have grown up to appriciate woman for women and not objects.

If you are open and honest with them, then you can`t go far wrong. Talk to him and whatever you do don`t make him feel uncomfortable that could follow him around for life.

Better you know what he reads than find more explicit books hidded from you.

Hmm, I may be wrong but I would see a big difference in encouraging a healthy attitude to sex (which is good, obviously) and a ten-year-old being exposed to the idea that women are purely sex objects - which is what lad mags tend to do.

There's a big difference to a bloke reading something like Nuts aged twenty-odd, in full knowledge that this ain't the way the world is, and a kid whose attitudes to the opposite sex are still being formed.

Guest rosie

What would you rather do then. Not allow him to read it.

He will get an idea there is something that is secretive and so he must see it.

At 10 yes they are forming opinions thats why you talk to them about the women in the book and answer their questions. You explain why the women are different than those you meet everyday.

What age would you teach them about a healthy attitude to sex then?, when they ask, or when you think they they should know.

I think 10 is too young to read that sort of publication.. Although there isn't much choice for a boy that age, mag wise, is there? There are tons of magazines for a girl that age available.. perhaps they should bring something out for boys on the same level?

And what is different about those women, to those he will meet everyday? They are paid to take their clothes off? I think I would rather protect my child's innocence for a bit longer than 10 years, before I had to start explaining prostitution.

Given the intelectual level of zoo I would have said you should worry as 10 is probably to old to be "reading" it!