Does anyone know a good fridge/freezer repair person?

Our refrigerator appears to be freezing it's contents, which is far from ideal! The temperature control has been adjusted as much as it can be, but with no luck.

I think the thermostat control may be broken, but not sure. I have been on a few websites and the prices I'm being quoted are just ridiculous to get repairs done.

So if anyone out there is suitably qualified, or knows someone who is, please get in touch with me.

One last thing - last week I appear to have left the fridge door ever so slightly ajar overnight :loopy: I would assume that is what caused it, but I thought I would add that as it may trigger someone knowing exactly then what the fault/problem is ...

Is it a fridge or fridge freezer? You may be right in suspecting the thermostat. You could phone A1 Domestics on Halifax Rd, they've been repairing fridges for years. Quote the make/model.

It's a fridge freezer. Thanks - I will dig the yellow pages out later!

If the freezer temp is normal then it does look like the fridge stat. some fridge freezers have a seperate temp control for the freezer part, in which case your appliance will have two motors. Is the temp control knob inside your fridge? If you look carefully you might see the control wire leading away from it towards the back inside panel and/or onto the top panel, terminating with the actual sensor bit. If you can see these components then that could mean it has a better chance of being replaced with what's termed as a "Universal Thermostat".

I am sure one of my past fridges did something similar. Turned out to be something blocking the flow of air. Turn off empty, give a good clean, checking all the little holes in the back are clear and free. Then turn back on. Maybe this resets something I've no idea.

(dizzyblonde) That can be worth trying as long as you have somewhere to keep your food frozen. This action really affects the circulation or re-settles the fluid in the compressor/pipe circuit. Switch off for 24 hrs, clean unit, then switch on and test.

I don't think leaving the door open will damage the stat.

Edited by carosio