You BNP or something?

You a half wit or something?

It seesm the bnp are the only mps not to get bad press this week!:rolleyes:

It seesm the bnp are the only mps not to get bad press this week!:rolleyes:

Because the BNP don't have any MPs!

The suggestion that they all live in an apartment block isn't going to happen. It's too much of a security risk to put the entire political class into one handy target and would need 24-hour security at the same level as Parliament. I doubt it would be much cheaper than the current system.

What should happen though is that whatever 2nd property they choose is owned by the state not the MP and when that MP leaves Parliament the property either gets passed on to the MP replacing them or gets sold on the open market and all proceeds go straight back into the public coffers. No MP should be allowed to profit on something that was paid for by the taxpayers rather than themselves.

but they get 24 hour security to the same level as parliament anyway and it costs a fortune as each minister has an individual team with all it's own resources, at least if they were all housed in the same block then the security cost would go down a little due to economies of scale

and the problem with the second property is that some are better than others so there would be b*tching and whining among the ministers saying they are being treated unfairly relative to the others, they would all get identical accommodation if I got my way

yes it would be a tempting target but no more so than parliament itself and if we get the "what if" of someone flying a plane into the building, well parliament has the same problem while they are at work and solves it with a large underground shelter, so solve it the same way

When I want a job doing I put it out to tender. Folks give a price and I "vote" for the one I want based on that information.

Why can't parliamentary candidates put in a price for the job before we elect them?

The ballot paper would say

Fred Higgings Labour £87,900

John Smith Conservative £95,000

Liz Long Lib/Dem £72,089

etc etc.

We would know the price before we voted. No expenses just the wage that they say they will work for.

Have you seen the tories and their snouts in the trough for repairs on swimming pools and for buying chandeliers-and they said labour was bad

i'm only peeved off coz i don't getting any expenses from work or i'de milk it.

Are they going to pay interest on repaid expenses as the inland revenue insist on with late payers.

I see Hazel Blears is still admitting she's done nothing wrong, but is now prepared to pay the money back?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5315303/Hazel-Blears-says-the-cheque-is-in-the-post-MPs-expenses.html

Like I said before, they'll never admit anything, but use weasel words to sound like they are. That is why everybody says "I would like to apologise" instead of "I apologise". A subtle, but important distinction.

Perhaps we should have a look at councillors expenses now we have the MPs running scared.