I'm worried about David Cameron, I fear he may be turning into Karen Mathews.

What about Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams(Sinn Fein)raking in over half a million between them and 3other Sinn Fein MPs for second homes.They don't even take up their seats in the commons.Now that is taking the p##s.

One of the things that gets me (and not just about this particular scenario) is I heard some MP or other being interviewed and they said that these revelations are destroying the public's perception of politics and politicians.

Oh no they're not - it's the fact that they are claiming for all sorts of nonsense that is destroying the public's perception of politics and politicians. If they weren't making these ridiculous claims, there would be no revelations to report in the first place!

But, you know, shooting the messenger is always a good starting point.

What about Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams(Sinn Fein)raking in over half a million between them and 3other Sinn Fein MPs for second homes.They don't even take up their seats in the commons.Now that is taking the p##s.

Yes but have you seen the price of Semtex these days?:hihi::hihi:

I heard that he had sex with a dachshund, :o

although I have no way of verifying if it is true.:o

Having owned and enjoyed the company and (hunting) work of dachshunds (the wire-haired, hard as nails, "I'm bigger than an elephant, I'll take the lot of ye great danes on"-personality complexed variety), I take offense with this post ...but would, in the face of evidence, be glad to learn that Brown's litter may now be expected anytime soon :D

"I want to apologise on behalf of politicians on behalf of all parties for what has happened in the events of the last few days."

Doesn't quite come up to a full apology for abusing the system. Does it?

Why tell us he wants to apologise? Why not just apologise?

That bloke couldnt run a raffle. Taxi............ for Gordon!

So the politicians have been found out, and Gordon thinks an apology is acceptable to the gullible British public, you try 'fiddling' and see what you get. I suggest they all pay back the money they have claimed 'wrongly' and that the British public votes out every one of the cheating scumbags who has claimed for anything other than essentials. These are the politicians who decide that working people should be taxed to death, given small amounts of benefit when made redundant and pitiful pensions when you retire, while they can claim in expenses what takes years for some to earn ! Wakey wakey people we are all being shafted :rant:

Gosh. This must be only the 4th thread on this subject this week.