Lamberts of Hackenthorpe

I am researching my family, and my dad's family lived at 20 Main Street Hackenthorpe. My grandad was Frederick Lambert and my grandmother was Sarah Catherine. They had 14 children ( In the two up / two down house!) my dad being the youngest. I know most of the lads worked at Birley pit - not sure what grandad did......may have worked at Severquick's scythe works just on the corner.

Does anyone know the family? I had aunts, uncles and cousins in Hackenthorpe and we used to walk up to Hackenthorpe across the fields past Chiwalli farm and the old school houses. When my mum (Kit Lambert) first came to Beighton (from Birmingham) she did her shopping at Fulliloves shop in Hackenthorpe. Does anyone remember that?

What a great site. Reading what people have posted has been a trip down memory lane for me!

JuneLambert:):)

Hi my dad is calld Eric Lambert and is 83 now don,t know if were related.

My dad was one of 14 children, but there wasn't an Eric as far as I know. It may be that your dad is from another branch of the family though. My brother and I are researching our family tree so if I come across an Eric I will let you know. Does your dad live at Hackenthorpe or did he used to live there?

Thanks

JuneLambert:)

I know some-one who's maiden name is Betty Lambert. She hails from that neck of the woods, She'll be about 69 years old.

I also know of an Harold Lambert who died last year aged 78.

Thanks for this....however, my dad didn't have a Betty in his direct family, nor did he have a Harold - don't think so anyway. I'll keep a note though which may be helpful as I dig deeper into the Lamberts of Hackenthorpe!

JuneLambert

used to live at hackenthorpe 1965-90 l remember my dad had a friend called Lambert ,had a son called Kenny l think,ring any bells?

I remember a Pete Lambert from Hackenthorpe worked at Mosbrough, Farming in the early 60s

I remember a Pat Lambert who lived on Birley Spa Lane opposite Rainbow Forge School, she was in my class so she would be 56 now. There was also an Angela Lambert in Hackenthorpe of a similar age.

Thanks for responding. I can't remember a Kenny Lambert or a Pat.....I know one of my cousins is Pete Lambert, I think he's the son of my uncle Arthur who lived in Hackenthorpe. My Aunt Joan (Lambert) married a Doug Tann and they had three children. Patrick, another son and Kate. They ( Uncle Arthur and Aunt Joan) lived on Westfield Crescent (?) the first road you came to from Beighton on your left opposite Carter Lodge School. All the people you mention could be cousins though, as my dad was one of 14. Most of whom lived in and around Hackenthorpe. I've probably got about 30 cousins - some of whom I've met and some I haven't.

Many thanks!

JuneLambert:)

Hi hey I did not know the name lambert was so commom. my uncle was called harry.

Hi! I didn't realise either! I've had quite a few responses - which is good, and I'm really enjoying researching my family - It's linked me in with all sorts of nice people.

JuneLambert