Hi, anyone want to do snowboarding lessons with me (27y female)? Would be good to have someone to share the fun with and go for a drink after. Let me know if your interested. Cheers :-)

were you thinking of going amanda ?

The dry ski slope! You interested?

OK that does look awesome however its quite far to go.

Ive got an idea... if anyone wants to go to the dry ski slope let me know as im still up for it.

If you want to go to the snow dome we could see how many and maybe share lifts etc.

Let me know, it'll be fun!!!

the dry slope is horrible and when you fall it will hurt seriously hurt ... and believe me you will fall.

i did a day at tamworth and the week after did 6 days in the alps going down every slope from green to black with no problem.

we went to the dry slope last week for the day, took 1 look at it and went home,

if tamworth is to far try castleford or manchester both are also excellent.

i cant stress how much you need to be on snow to learn,

beware though once you have learned to board you will board for the rest of your life its awesome.

dam you now you have me looking through holiday pics ahhhhhhhh

Seconded, I will never set foot on a dry slope again as long as I live.

I went to the Sheffield one after about 3 months of snowboarding at the Manchester Chill FactorE, reasonably confident on snow but could barely stand up there.

Snow and dry don't seem to be interchangeable techniques... maybe if you're really good you could handle both but I don't see the point of learning to snowboard on something that isn't snow.

Plus I fell over and broke a finger, as it got stuck in the door mat material. Apparently this is quite common. Even without the finger snag, falling over hurts twice as much there as on snow.

id be well up for trying to snowboard :)....i'm not back in sheff till end of May though :)...any idea how much it is like?

I agree, nearly destroyed me knee cap falling over on Dendix (dry matting). I always go to Castleford now, plus the lifts there are a bit more beginner friendly.

hi i would be up for snowboarding i gave it a go at uni but was too expensive. let me know when u are going.

:-)