Students in fancy dress

I've always thought that fancy dress is what people (not just students) resort to in the absence of any personality.

Oh, dear!

*Dozy goes off to check Ebay for personalities for sale.*

I've always thought that fancy dress is what people (not just students) resort to in the absence of any personality.

Do you get dressed up a lot then?:suspect:

I thought it was something that went hand in hand with an imagination and a sense of humour.... silly me.

Do you get dressed up a lot then?:suspect:

I thought it was something that went hand in hand with an imagination and a sense of humour.... silly me.

that'll be why the wife bought him that firemans outfit for his birthday....... subtle push and all that eh?

Do you get dressed up a lot then? :suspect:

No I don't get 'dressed up' a lot. I'm a very dull and boring person. But enough about me.

What's 'imaginative' about 30 factory girls all putting on the same cheap, tacky, tarty nurse's uniforms (about £2.99 from any party shop, possibly even a bulk discount?) and then going out on a binge? If 'fancy dress' were more imaginative, perhaps I'd have more time for it, but as it is, it couldn't be any more unimaginative.

I have no problem with the concept of fancy dress per se, it's just these people who need it, you know. It seems some of our 21st century, bovine society are now so devoid of any actual personality that they can't even have fun and enjoy themselves without the aid of 'fancy dress'. They have nothing to offer except their appearance. Everything these days seems to be about being 'wacky' and craving attention, and I'm sorry but to me that's a very unattractive trait.

No I don't get 'dressed up' a lot. I'm a very dull and boring person. But enough about me.

What's 'imaginative' about 30 factory girls all putting on the same cheap, tacky, tarty nurse's uniforms (about £2.99 from any party shop, possibly even a bulk discount?) and then going out on a binge? If 'fancy dress' were more imaginative, perhaps I'd have more time for it, but as it is, it couldn't be any more unimaginative.

I have no problem with the concept of fancy dress per se, it's just these people who need it, you know. It seems some of our 21st century, bovine society are now so devoid of any actual personality that they can't even have fun and enjoy themselves without the aid of 'fancy dress'. They have nothing to offer except their appearance. Everything these days seems to be about being 'wacky' and craving attention, and I'm sorry but to me that's a very unattractive trait.

your post makes no sense, mainly because the same people wont go out in fancy dress all the time, just because you see people everytime you go out dressed up its not the same people. so in fact they would probably go out in fancy dress once every couple of months and then go out normally the rest of the time, so yeah blatantly dressing up because they have a sense of humour and not because they lack personality etc.

that'll be why the wife bought him that firemans outfit for his birthday....... subtle push and all that eh?
My bold

Err, that would "her" and "his" actually!! :hihi:

Mojo - I'm really looking forward to seeing you at the pub meeting tonight!!!

Edit: drat, just realised Mojo was responding to DW82 and not me! But it's her fault - she insults me so often, that I've come to expect it!

Edited by Dozy

My bold

Is this imaginative enough for you?

(I'm the one with my gob wide open, in case you can't work it out! :hihi:)

Edit: double drat, I responded to a post NOT addressed to me - again! I think I'd better go and have a little lie down and forget about going out tonight.

Edited by Dozy

Its not just students, sheffield has gone fancy dress mad! guess it cheers folks up.