Burger King Hillsborough

I had a problem with service attitude once at Macdonalds, but unlike you I came up with the idea of actually e mailing Macdonalds rather than Sheffield Forum

I got a nice big voucher back from them :thumbsup:

Have you recieved anything back from Sheffield Forum yet?

:hihi:

I do wonder just how many calories are in them, i mean im on a diet, lost just under 2stone in 2months, but know for a fact i had 3 of those in that period... Hmm... Anyone know? (and im talking about the xl bacon double cheeseburger meal, supersize)

Coo you're doing well! Congratulations on the diet, you're obviously sticking to it enough to be making a real difference overall.

Apparently, the burger alone is over 900 cals. Count up what else you ate:

http://www.burgerking.co.uk/nutrition?producttypeid=17&productid=11

Coo you're doing well! Congratulations on the diet, you're obviously sticking to it enough to be making a real difference overall.

Apparently, the burger alone is over 900 cals. Count up what else you ate:

http://www.burgerking.co.uk/nutrition?producttypeid=17&productid=11

:o how many??!! I cant view any other websites, internet via mobile, only access facebook and 1 website of my choice, obviously i picked sf! But i feel really bad now at the 900 calories! And thankyou for congratulating me, only another 4 stone til im at the 'normal' weight for my height!

I dont want a voucher thank you very much jongo, all I wanted was a fair meal for a fair price, like I said I wont be going back to Burger King at Hillsborough I felt riped off.

If you want a kiddies portion then the Kings Deals are the ones for you. I learnt my lesson.

Ive not been to America yet, but people tell me the burgers over there are much, much bigger, than over here. Can anyone confirm that.

Thank you to all who have replied so far it really is appreciated.

Wether you agree or disagree, take care and thanks again.

Have you recieved anything back from Sheffield Forum yet?

Yep grief:hihi:

According to the BK website, a double cheeseburger is 456 calories. Small fries is 204, and a small coke is 168. So in total that's 828 calories. Whoever called that a "snack" needs to assess their diet!! :-O

Maybe you're just greedy?

Could be?...... As most people in todays society (me included) consume too much food based on taste & forget that food is supposed to be for nutrition through the day. It sounds like she/he spends abit of time at takeaways, but far from me to criticise there diet!. TBH I would rather spend the money on something like a chicken & some breadcakes from Morrisons, just my 2p worth.

If you don't like there portions go somewhere else... We should shop with our feet!.

How much would the travel costs and the gas and electric cost to fetch it, some people dont need to feed a family of four all the time, that's why its called fast food, they dont promise red wine and candles some people need to get real.

Yes but 4 meals is £11.96 wouldn't cost that for the meat, egg, fuel etc.

We've all visited these darn places, but felt I just had to get this off my chest.

Today I called into Burger King at Hillsborough, usually I use either McDonald's, or the Kentucky Fried Chicken, but I wanted to see what the other Food chain had on offer.

On approaching the entrace door, an advertisement read 'King Deals' Double cheese Burger, Fries and drink £2.99 I thought thats for me it looked very appetising showing a large photograph of a succulent double mouth watering cheese burger.

So I paid my money, during which the assistant asked which soft drink I wanted from the self serve soft drinks counter, I asked if I could have a coffee instead of a soft drink and was told that I couldn't but had a choice of five soft drink flavours.

Usually Mcdonalds will give you coffee instead of a soft drink, if you ask.

I was then given the smallest drinks carton Ive ever seen, followed by the smallest wrapped double cheese burger. I asked if there had been a mistake, and had I been given a childs meal, no was the reply,that's your order.

So I sat down with my small drink of coke, and munched into my small double chese burger and fries. I felt cheated and ripped off, part of me was saying youve been conned, and the other half was saying what do you want for £2.99. I felt like Ronald Mcdonald who'd been taken for a whopper of a ride.

(Well I wanted a substantial burger, not one that is usually found in the kiddies meal.) I want an American size burger like in the photo.

I quite clearly understand there's a credit crunch on but please dont rip me off to subsidise BK's profit mark up.

Not to take anything away from Burger King the food was tasty, however The King deals if you call in for one are a real rip off.

No, my Burger King experiance left little to be desired, Next time Im going to give 'Pizza hut' a try.

Anyone else felt ripped off, and what is the best fast food deals, I must say you carnt beat the good old chippy.

If you had read the small print you would have seen it says SMALL fries and SMALL carbonated drink with the burger and every fast food place in the land show pictures that aren't true images of the product.

BK Burgers and fries are waaaaayyyyyyyy better than Mcd's....

On a similar note - KFC drivethrough... whenever we've been there we are ALWAYS missing something from the order when we get home.

every fast food place in the land show pictures that aren't true images of the product.

Trade descriptions? Advertising Standards Authority?

BK Burgers and fries are waaaaayyyyyyyy better than Mcd's.....

Very true

whenever we've been there we are ALWAYS missing something from the order when we get home.

You soon learn, always to check your order before driving away!