Worst football pitches in sheffield

Originally posted by Internetowl

try the old pitches in Longley Park - there used to be one pitch where you couldn't see the other goal from the goalmouth due to the brow of the hill :)

The old number 4 pitch in Longley Park had to be the worst on record! There were also a few in Concord Park - number 7 8 9 i think down the path and to the left, also the ones farest away in Graves Park. I dont think any of them pitches are with us anymore. RIP.

Originally posted by Longcol

Does anybody remember the old pitch up on Wadsley Common - changing rooms were some old allotment type sheds, only water was a rain barrell and often sheep on the pitch and always absolutely freezing.

The one up at Deepcar where Castle Inn / Pen Nook play is also usually brass monkeys, with the added fun of the ball hitting the power cables above the pitch.

Playing uphill into the wind on the Bolehills was never much fun.

But generally I'd give my vote to Graves Park as most pitches slope in at least 3 different directions.

Yes both on Wadsley Common the one on the left had the top of a boulder about 6ft across as the centre spot. the one on the right slopped that much to needed crampons and rope to climb out of your own penalty area. If you din't get the goals kicking down there was no chance kicking up.

Then there was the school pitch at Crookesmoor rec that the school pitch was on it was 99% a dusty black ash and it still is. You came off after playing a match looking that you had done a full shift down the pit back home to the old tin bath.

Once took an under 16's team to Low edges park. 6 inch deep in mud and we had remove the debri from a burnt out car that had been removed. Then we st!arted

Originally posted by desy

Once took an under 16's team to Low edges park. 6 inch deep in mud and we had remove the debri from a burnt out car that had been removed. Then we st!arted

under 16's round here would have just ****ed off in the car

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

The worst pitch i played on wasn't Sheffield sorry but Canklow Rotherham say NO more.....