Worst football pitches in sheffield

got to be graves park,ive just walked through there and i'd forgot just how bad pitches are..not one level one amongst them

Tha wants to try Playing on THIS

Originally posted by viking

Tha wants to try Playing on THIS

Love it! :D :D :D :D :D

haha! lovin it, i like the carefully placed trees in the middle!

apart from the trees the one next to crystal peaks is pretty similar to that pitch.

try the old pitches in Longley Park - there used to be one pitch where you couldn't see the other goal from the goalmouth due to the brow of the hill :)

I remember that pitch well. I believe it's now been eradicated.

the one at bramall lane.:hihi:

Originally posted by Internetowl

try the old pitches in Longley Park - there used to be one pitch where you couldn't see the other goal from the goalmouth due to the brow of the hill :)

i remember strolling through midfield , then getting ambushed by defenders lol

i used to play on the old 1st pitch( closest to sports centre) in concord when i used to play for cuthbert bank, that pith was like the one on the link, except that it was goal to goal running down the hill and there was no tree, it couldn't grow in the stream that crossed the pitch.

as a collection of pitches its got to be graves park

Originally posted by 8balltiger

i used to play on the old 1st pitch( closest to sports centre) in concord when i used to play for cuthbert bank, that pith was like the one on the link, except that it was goal to goal running down the hill and there was no tree, it couldn't grow in the stream that crossed the pitch.

as a collection of pitches its got to be graves park

ive played on that pitch against cuthbert bank a few times i played for manor atheletic from 82 till about 93 with a couple of years inbetween for captive queen/vulcan btw cuthbert bank where shockin:hihi:

Does anybody remember the old pitch up on Wadsley Common - changing rooms were some old allotment type sheds, only water was a rain barrell and often sheep on the pitch and always absolutely freezing.

The one up at Deepcar where Castle Inn / Pen Nook play is also usually brass monkeys, with the added fun of the ball hitting the power cables above the pitch.

Playing uphill into the wind on the Bolehills was never much fun.

But generally I'd give my vote to Graves Park as most pitches slope in at least 3 different directions.