South Road, Walkley

When we speak of Walkley, I assume that South Road is the top boundary, Langsett Road is the bottom, The other two being Burgoyne Rd. and Holme Lane?

When we speak of Walkley, I assume that South Road is the top boundary, Langsett Road is the bottom, The other two being Burgoyne Rd. and Holme Lane?

I would have thought Birkendale View to the south and Heavygate Avenue/Road to the west.

I wouldn't argue with that, although the Rivelin St. area, according to my map. is named Walkley Bank.

I would have thought Birkendale View to the south and Heavygate Avenue/Road to the west.

Heavygate Road is the boundary between Crookes and Walkley in my mind (and I think the electroal ward is defined here).

I believe the mythical 'Walkley Tunnel' is down there somewhere - the tunnel that Walkley folk use to come up to Crookes.

Heavygate Road is the boundary between Crookes and Walkley in my mind (and I think the electroal ward is defined here).

I believe the mythical 'Walkley Tunnel' is down there somewhere - the tunnel that Walkley folk use to come up to Crookes.

I used to live on Heavygate Rd near the junction with Highton St. We had an S10 postcode, so I don't know whereabouts it changes to S6.

Yes has always been like that:) altho i fear by putting council houses for anti socials will spoil things. Im almost sure there are some on palm street near the top as i've seen 1 black lad and a white lad walking like they're pooed themselves and carrying beers just recently.

lol, those funny trousers! How can they call it fashion??!!!

I was born in Walkley. It was really friendly back then. Most still is now. You get anti socials everwhere now : (

I used to live on Heavygate Rd near the junction with Highton St. We had an S10 postcode, so I don't know whereabouts it changes to S6.

Heavygate Road is the S6/S10 boundary, but postcodes don't tell you where you live, otherwise Bradfield would be in Walkley. Postcodes are methods the post office use to sort, direct and deliver post. Nothing more.

Heavygate Road is the S6/S10 boundary, but postcodes don't tell you where you live, otherwise Bradfield would be in Walkley. Postcodes are methods the post office use to sort, direct and deliver post. Nothing more.

Postcodes determine some school catchment areas.

Postcodes determine some school catchment areas.

No it doesn't. School catchment areas are determined by where the school catchment boundaries have been drawn on the map. They have absolutely no connection to postcodes.

I repeat, postcodes are used by the post office to sort, dispatch and deliver post. Absolutely, utterly, completely nothing else.

Actually last time i was in Walkley some mental guy punched the busstop I was standing at, screamed, and walked off screaming. Yet still I kinda regret not moving back there again, though I have personal issues with the area now.