Trendy Sheffield Bars

I have some friends from London coming to visit sheffield on Saturday night.

They are used to going to all the trendy cocktail bars in london and want a similar night out here.

Can anyone recommend anywhere please?

I only really got to student places and i know that is not the kind of place they wouldlike.

They like finky house, house, rnb, garage music etc. these southeners are not into the indie/rick scene.

Its a friends birthday so i want to go where he would enjoy.

Any tips would be great, thanks veyr much!

i think soyo could be just what you're after!

soyo, crystal, and the bars along division street should be what there used to.

i dont think the bars of sheffield are anyway near the type they will be used to tbh.

the best places or at least the nicest in my opinion are the likes of vodka revolution, varsity, bungalow and bears, rsvp, bar hois nice, all bar one, crystal and maybe the fountain bar?. theres some decent new ones in leopold square too. but surely your freinds would like to try something differant? i know when i go to a new city part of the fun is trying differant places:thumbsup:

Yeah- good shout katy- leopold sq is a good place to start/finish the evening- especially if its a nice day.

Tequila on West Street still open?

Then again, rather than treating them to the same places they are accustom to, take them to more local places and get them to go to a different place. I don't take me dad exclusively to Café Rouge when he comes; down't pub for a brew.

If it's for a birthday then yeeerrrr... Sure... Division Street, West Street... Hallamshire Hotel, the vodka place in West One, Lloyds, RSVP, Wetherspoon, some of these have annoyingly loud music, others don't.

If they are from London you may be better off going for the pubs and bars with individual character rather than generic pretentious 'contemporary' bars.

I suggest places like Frog & Parrot, Old House, Bungalows and Bears, Devonshire Cat, Bath Hotel, Grapes, Wig & Pen, Rutland Arms and Ruskins. Possibly even the Dove & Rainbow.

However if they want to go to the 'cool smart cocktail places' perhaps Leopold Square and West One complexes will fit the bill, but not for the type of music mentioned. For dance and R&B sort of music you would be looking at places like Players, Basement, Bedroom or the former Dikkens I guess.

Edited by Andy C

I have some friends from London coming to visit sheffield on Saturday night.

They are used to going to all the trendy cocktail bars in london and want a similar night out here.

Can anyone recommend anywhere please?

I only really got to student places and i know that is not the kind of place they wouldlike.

They like finky house, house, rnb, garage music etc. these southeners are not into the indie/rick scene.

Its a friends birthday so i want to go where he would enjoy.

Any tips would be great, thanks veyr much!

Typical arrogant Southerners wanting everyone else to fit round their tastes rather than trying something different.

To hell with their poncy bars! Take them to some proper Northern pubs then down the Leadmill for some real music!

well i dont think that was nessasary. i was after bar names, not your opinion on southeners thanks. Dont you have soemthing better to be doing?

well i dont think that was nessasary. i was after bar names, not your opinion on southeners thanks. Dont you have soemthing better to be doing?

You asked for advice, I've given you some. That's how a forum works. If you don't want to take my advice then fair enough but don't have a go at me for pointing out your southern friends are being a bit shallow if all they want to do up here is exactly the same as they do down there. Are they frightened they might bump into some poor people who earn less than £50K a year?

Don't you like to try different types of bars and clubs when you're in a different part of the country or are you as set in your ways as they are?

maybe there no comftable in them type of bars??

If it was your birthday gordon- would you choose it to spend it somewhere like club vibe? or maybe the corporation on a goth metal night? (im presuming you don't like them types of music!)

Don't have a go at her just because her friends want to be in an environment that they enjoy on there birthday.