Richard Allinson On Radio 2

I don't think I've ever heard such a toe curlingly bad radio presenter in my life, if your not naturally funny you should not try to be funny.

Listening to him trying to interview Stephen Frears one of our best film makers this afternoon was just cringe worthy, i had to turn it off.

Get Radcliffe back

I was thinking exactly the same! Last week was yet another breath of fresh air from Mark Radcliffe on the afternoon slot. Surely the Radio 2 bosses must realise that Steve Wright is well past his sell-by date and that there can be only one successor :P

I agree with you Strangelove about Richard Allinson he is definitely the worst presenter on the radio. I always switch him off when he is standing in for other presenters as he is awful.

Mind you, I cannot abide listening to Radcliffe either. His voice just grates on me.

I was thinking exactly the same! Last week was yet another breath of fresh air from Mark Radcliffe on the afternoon slot. Surely the Radio 2 bosses must realise that Steve Wright is well past his sell-by date and that there can be only one successor :P

I have to say I much prefer Steve Wright to Radcliffe any day. In fact, if mark Radcliffe was to take over then I would have to change radio stations. I just cannot stand his voice. It really does grate on me.

I have to say I much prefer Steve Wright to Radcliffe any day. In fact, if mark Radcliffe was to take over then I would have to change radio stations. I just cannot stand his voice. It really does grate on me.

Yes, I know what you mean re: Richard Allinson. Nothing wrong with Mark Radcliffe though. I like his wit & he's a Slade fan so that's double bubble.

I don't think I've ever heard such a toe curlingly bad radio presenter in my life, if your not naturally funny you should not try to be funny. ... Get Radcliffe back

I agree ...but have pity on the bloke - anyone following on after a week of Mark Radcliffe was in for a hiding.

Yeah Mark Radcliffe can have me in stitches just by saying a simple sentence, because he's so dry. Bout time they gave him the afternoon slot.

Did he play "Born To Run" like he normally does?