Cars for sale on grass verges around Westfield/Waterthorpe

yawn yawn yawn, petty hettie the forum nag strikes again. the council land is owned by the public, people of sheffield. Now shurrup and let me sell some cars.

OK, so you're not prepared to find out the facts then. Be happy in your ignorance :thumbsup:

OK, so you're not prepared to find out the facts then. Be happy in your ignorance :thumbsup:

Deary deary me petty hettie, the facts are plain.

You come on here and ask a complete stranger for their address so that you can do your bussiness :o on their garden :gag:, you ask again and again and won't leave the stranger alone ,have you tried a lonely hearts club ?:love::help:

Can't be hard for the council to pin these people down as there is a mobile number in the window.

This practise has been going on for years, I dont think the council are too interested as there not making making any money from it, but just owe them £1 in council tax and see how fast they really can respond!

Hi All

I think i am right in saying the council will allow you to sell ONE car on their/our land and not more than two cars together(different sellers)

Hi All

I think i am right in saying the council will allow you to sell ONE car on their/our land and not more than two cars together(different sellers)

I think it's three cars in one twelve month period. Any more than that and you're classed as a trader.

This issue was a problem in Southport and causing congestion. The local news chased it up and found it was one guy buying bangers at auction and selling them on. He ran away when confronted.

A few days later there was a follow up story about how his line of cars all had their back windows put through and he took them all away!

It seems to be the latest thing to sell cars from grass verges around Westfield/Waterthorpe/Sothall/Beighton. Surely there must be a bylaw about advertising cars as a business from council land? I'm surprised that Direct Cars haven't complained about this?

Not really the latest thing people have been doing this for years.

am i missing summat ere ? whats the difference between selling a car on a council owned grass verge & selling one outside your house on a council owned road ??? times are hard & friends are few & if some individual has to sell their car to make ends meet ,then a grass verge on a main road may be the best & cheapest way to do so. I bet all you do gooders on this thread have never had to sell a car privately before & drive about in company cars or chuckied up to the hills to impress the neighbours . We are a nation of assumers & assume if an individual drives about in a brand new L200 4X4 he is well off ! but in reality he claims it on motability & turns up riding a push bike to fetch his car from being serviced ??? (you know who you are !) Just like we assume the person selling the vectra on grass verge is running an illegal business , but in reality he may be absolutely skint & just trying to pay his bills .'Get a life ' you do gooders & leave them be !!

it should and will be stopped. you cant sell bags of dog**** off the grass verges either. times are hard because folk live off credit and pretend to be summat there not. a person who buys a mercedes or rolls who has to have a diesiel version or tuppence fuel lpg fitted.

Theres a thread on "Parking on Grass Verges" on 21/2/08.

why doesnt somebody report it if your all so bothered? best idea

am i missing summat ere ? whats the difference between selling a car on a council owned grass verge & selling one outside your house on a council owned road ??? times are hard & friends are few & if some individual has to sell their car to make ends meet ,then a grass verge on a main road may be the best & cheapest way to do so. I bet all you do gooders on this thread have never had to sell a car privately before & drive about in company cars or chuckied up to the hills to impress the neighbours . We are a nation of assumers & assume if an individual drives about in a brand new L200 4X4 he is well off ! but in reality he claims it on motability & turns up riding a push bike to fetch his car from being serviced ??? (you know who you are !) Just like we assume the person selling the vectra on grass verge is running an illegal business , but in reality he may be absolutely skint & just trying to pay his bills .'Get a life ' you do gooders & leave them be !!

you are one of the assumers who assume every body is skint who sell there cars this way, and assume no dealers do it, open up your mind theres a big world out there were a lot of different things happen