Why do SF users advertise items then don't answer the phone?

why do sforum users advertise items with mobile phone number then don,t answer phone? :confused:

happens quite alot

i find it very strange:loopy:

Let's face it, if anyone from here rang me I'd run a mile. There's some proper fruitcakes around...

yes but there phone number is on ad to ring

Ive been selling something, had 3 people ask me if its still available, Ive said yes and then never heard from them again! Whats that all about?!!

i add my phone number when im selling items but if its in my bag then i sometimes dont hear it..hope its not me you have rung.. :)

Ive been selling something, had 3 people ask me if its still available, Ive said yes and then never heard from them again! Whats that all about?!!

No point coming round to nick it at 2am if you've already sold it, is there? :)

No point coming round to nick it at 2am if you've already sold it, is there? :)

Yes cos I give my address out willy nilly. Obviously. :loopy:

why do sforum users advertise items with mobile phone number then don,t answer phone? :confused:

happens quite alot

True but, what about the ones who insist on sending messages and emails when the advert states "please phone".

In the olden days... buying and selling privately was always done on the phone before there were computers.

Puzzles me why people get paranoid about their phone numbers too.

I've given it up has a bad job advertising on here. I've given my address out lots of times for various stuff & no one turns up

....that's happened to me too, it's annoying. I suppose they didn't want it that much after all. That's all I can think.

happens quite alot

Why do tradesmen advertise "no job too small',then when you offer them a small job fail to turn up?

yes but there phone number is on ad to ring

Which given this forum's prominence on Sheffield related Google searches is a BIG mistake IMO.

Only an idiot puts his phone number on a public web site.