Google Toolbar Won't Install in Mozilla Firefox

I don't see a point in it... it slows the browser down (loading and page viewing) and anything that it does can be done on the browser any way (google search > top left, email - just bookmark it.. etc) it's googles answer to bloatware.

I agree with you.I have installed it a couple of times and it slowed the browser down as well as taking longer to load,and for what.To me it is just another load of clutter.

I have uninstalled google toolbar now and my browsing is so much better - it's not freezing up at all! I made my homepage google, so I have quick access to gmail, maps etc - cheers for the info Ghozer!

Personally I would never use firefox ever again, Google 'firefox spyware' and you will see why...it could leak possible info of yours to random places. I used it for a long time untill a very good resource told me to 'get it off my laptop immediatly' once I did I found that most of the problems I had with the laptop miraculously vanished. . . Just a polite warning :)

Actually I have a similar problem..

I've been trying to download the Google Toolbar onto my Firefox but whenever I try, no matter where I download it from, it always says that the download or the file is corrupt.

The only luck I've had downloading it was when I mistakenly downloaded it for my Windows Explorer and not for my Firefox.

Any way that I can find an un-corrupted version that will fit my Firefox? Oh and my Firefox is also set to an automatic update, which might have something to do with it.

- LgIreland :)

(I mostly need it for the quick-links, map/directions and the auto-fill option. If there is another toolbar or some other way that can get me this option without cluttering up my bookmarks that would also be helpful.)

Edited by lgireland
Forgot!

Actually I have a similar problem..

I've been trying to download the Google Toolbar onto my Firefox but whenever I try, no matter where I download it from, it always says that the download or the file is corrupt.

The only luck I've had downloading it was when I mistakenly downloaded it for my Windows Explorer and not for my Firefox.

Any way that I can find an un-corrupted version that will fit my Firefox? Oh and my Firefox is also set to an automatic update, which might have something to do with it.

(I mostly need it for the quick-links, map/directions and the auto-fill option. If there is another toolbar or some other way that can get me this option without cluttering up my bookmarks that would also be helpful.)

Try using Opera,http://www.opera.com/browser/ in my opinion a better browser than Firefox, it has Google or you could choose Yahoo or Ask as your search engine.( Tools>Preferences Search>Edit.)

I have been a very satisfied Opera User for over 6 years, intergated e-mail is simply a must have and beats AOL's integrated mail hands down.

I've actually had previous experiences with Opera and it just isn't my cup of tea. I didn't like the set-up and it ran really slowly on my computer (it's a piece of crap). So I probably won't be switching to Opera.

I've actually had previous experiences with Opera and it just isn't my cup of tea. I didn't like the set-up and it ran really slowly on my computer (it's a piece of crap). So I probably won't be switching to Opera.

Every machine is different and browsers can behave differently on different machines, although Opera 9.64 The latest version may well run much faster than your previous experience.

Won't hurt to give it another go,

In my opinion Firefox is significantly better than Internet Explorer but Opera is still a better all-round "out of the box" browser than Firefox.

Edited by Kingmaker2

honestly, who would wan't google toolbar?

With respect, Ghozer, what has it to do with you?

This Section on SF is, and always has been, dedicated to dealing with computer users of all capablities and asking for guidance according to same.

At the risk of getting a ban ..... climb down from your self-important "pedestal"!

Google > everything but Google toolbar sucks serious amounts of arse IMO.

My comment above applies to you too!

Every machine is different and browsers can behave differently on different machines, although Opera 9.64 The latest version may well run much faster than your previous experience.

Won't hurt to give it another go,

In my opinion Firefox is significantly better than Internet Explorer but Opera is still a better all-round "out of the box" browser than Firefox.

I have a few browsers installed at once. I find FF easily the most useful. Every time I play with Oprea I find all the tools are fun, not serious or for developers, also limited in choice. They adhere to the language specifications really well, but I don't really like the way it renders things.

I have a few browsers installed at once. I find FF easily the most useful. Every time I play with Oprea I find all the tools are fun, not serious or for developers, also limited in choice. They adhere to the language specifications really well, but I don't really like the way it renders things.

:confused:

Opera has probably got the most inbuilt "out of the box" advanced features of any of the main browsers.....limited in choice is something you certainly can't accuse Opera of:!:

And don't forget features like tabbed browsing were first introduced as standard by Opera, long before Firefox did.

I must be missing something... I'll have another go tomorrow... I've not even found the spell checker or equivalent of noscript or ad block plus...