10 year old scrap allowance is a farce

phoned 2 new car sellers in sheffield to get parmed off with the 10 year old scrap allowace told to put my car on ebay buy one garage :loopy:

so this scheme is not working any body else found this problem :thumbsup:

phoned 2 new car sellers in sheffield to get parmed off with the 10 year old scrap allowace told to put my car on ebay buy one garage :loopy:

So this scheme is not working any body else found this problem :thumbsup:

eh??.........

so this scheme is not working any body else found this problem :thumbsup:

So what, they refused to give you the allowance or they advised that you would make more from selling on ebay?

Wont they just give me 2 grand for me old car? I've already got a new one and I no longer need the old one. If anyone without an old'un wants to give me a grand for it then they can trade it in for 2 grand off a new 'un ???? Simples.

I think there are going to be clauses to prevent what you suggest, proof of 6 months ownership etc

Wont they just give me 2 grand for me old car? I've already got a new one and I no longer need the old one. If anyone without an old'un wants to give me a grand for it then they can trade it in for 2 grand off a new 'un ???? Simples.

As far as I know, you don't "actually" get the cash in your hand. As far as I were aware, you get the discount on the price then the dealership claims the money back from the government. Also it's only certain dealerships

Dratt !! foiled again, that Gordon Brown is'nt as daft as he looks.:hihi:

Oh he is................:suspect:

you have to have owned the old car for 12 months before you can trade it in and get the 2k off a brand new car

Don't we pay something called car tax on new purchases, and what about VAT? Perhaps someone could work out what the figure would be on a £10k car?