Weddings Botanical Gardens and Weston Park Bandstand

There's another thread on here I was just reading about the 10% gratuity that most people will pay to the caterers without thinking - maybe you should think of the £50 voluntary donation as a gratuity to the hard working gardeners up there?

Yes it is a beautiful place, I totally agree. As for the gratuity. Well, there is nothing wrong in asking or offering a donation. However, I do find it somewhat strange that it had to be a designated amount. As for the hard working gardeners, do you really think they get any of it?? I very much doubt it. They are paid a wage whether there are photos being taken or not. We did however remain respectful and ensured that there wasn't any confetti used, as that would be unfair on other users.

The point being that they wouldn't need to hire the gardeners if they weren't keeping it nice and neat. Even if that wasn't the case the money goes towards the up keep of the place, its not as if you're paying some fat cat.

Specific ammount donations seem to be the norm these days. The adverts on the TV for example don't say please donate an amount of your choice - doesn't mean you can't

I'm getting married in the Bandstand at Weston Park - can't wait! it's beautiful.

ive enquired to get married at the gardens and have just read this thread. i dont mind paying this donation if the rates werent as high its costing me 800 quid to hire out the gardens thats just for the wedding itself no registrar fess are added to that yet. for 800 quid i exect no sudden donations asked for as what am i paying the money to???? when i go enquire at this venue i will certaintly be asking if this donation is made and if i can have some privacy whilst my vows are being said i dont want random strangers walking through especially for the price.

thanks for this discussion though as i would have gone in thinking everything was reasonable

vamparicmale if you are getting married there you dont have to donate .. its for people stopping off there after getting married some where else.

I have worked at the botanical gardens a few times .. they cannot stop the public from walking through.. people with comon sense wouldnt walk through but on occasion you will get it Im affraid!

I'm getting married in the Bandstand at Weston Park - can't wait! it's beautiful.

how many guests does it hold hun? its on my short list :)

i think you can have 50 in the actual bandstand but people can stand outside too.

Have you thought of Crookes Valley Park?

We have a licence for civil partnerships and marriages... please check out our web site for photos.

We are getting married in Weston Park Band Stand 30th August this year. We will have around 8o guests and they will be stood/sat outside the stand as we marry just in the entrance. We are having a Steel band playing in the bandstand itself....We can't wait.

Afterwards we are walking to the Dam House for our receiption. 2 beautiful venues we are so excited.. xxx

Hi There,

I will email you back personally this afternoon. I will have a look at the website as it should redirect you to the ceremonies webpage.

regards

Alison

Hi.

Could you email me details too please?

It's annapaul100@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

Tried to post link to some wedding pics at the bandstand but not used forum before and it did not like the address. And now it say's I have to make 5 posts first.

If anyone wants me to email the link to you I will.

Alison is very helpful with any requirements and it's reasonably priced. My wedding planner was Jennie Beard and she did an amazing job on our very small budget.

By the way we had 100 plus guests who sat and stood outside the Bandstand. We had umbrellas on standby but Friday 10th July was a bright sunny day so there was only me carrying a parasol instead of the traditional bouquet.