Weddings Botanical Gardens and Weston Park Bandstand

ohhhh your the person me and my partner need to speak to we are looking to get wed at the bandstand in western park we went of sheffield councils website and it sent us to the museum website and the lady from western park said it was an error.

so glad we found you lol. could we have more info please on the bandstand we getting wed 2010 late in the year thankyou my email is [email protected]

Hi There,

I will email you back personally this afternoon. I will have a look at the website as it should redirect you to the ceremonies webpage.

regards

Alison

Hi Alison

Could you also email me re info about weddings in Botanical Gardens (i.e. prices, capacity etc...)? I would really love to get married there, we've not made any plans, I think it'll be a couple of years yet so hope we would be able to have the reception there too!

Thank you v much!

My sis looked into marrying at the Botanical Gardens and the price was well over the top, especially as you get the hour, and technically as it is a public building they can't stop people coming in if they so wish.

Also, don't be conned into believing that you need to make a "donation" to be able to have wedding photo's taken at the Botanical Gardens. Again, they tried this with my sis and got short changed when we went well up the ladder to address this matter.

Although, how they could phyisically stop you taking photos there is anyones guess. Parkies posing in the background etc.

Hi Buttercup,

If you would like to email me your address details to alison.matthewssheffield.gov.uk I can send you a brochure out in the post on monday.

Thanks

Alison

Thank you very much, I've just replied to your PM with my address.

My sis looked into marrying at the Botanical Gardens and the price was well over the top, especially as you get the hour, and technically as it is a public building they can't stop people coming in if they so wish.

"Well over the top".....we don't think so! We have booked the botanics for our wedding and the price seemed appropriate to the service we have received and for the quality of the location. The botanics is way more beautiful than a church or registry office could ever be in my opinion. You can't improve on nature!

And as far as it being a public building....well, yeah but im guessing most members of the public who are there during a ceremony stand around and watch, they don't barge through the glass house to get round the Southern America area do they!?

Finally, they usually only allow 1 wedding a day in the botanics. Our ceremony is at 1pm and we have been told the gardens are ours for as long as we want once the ceremony is over so I supose we could stay till they close the gates if we wanted to.

"Well over the top".....we don't think so! We have booked the botanics for our wedding and the price seemed appropriate to the service we have received and for the quality of the location. The botanics is way more beautiful than a church or registry office could ever be in my opinion. You can't improve on nature!

And as far as it being a public building....well, yeah but im guessing most members of the public who are there during a ceremony stand around and watch, they don't barge through the glass house to get round the Southern America area do they!?

Finally, they usually only allow 1 wedding a day in the botanics. Our ceremony is at 1pm and we have been told the gardens are ours for as long as we want once the ceremony is over so I supose we could stay till they close the gates if we wanted to.

Sounds good to me :)

If you believe the charges are appropriate then that's up to you. However, my remark about the using the Gardens after the wedding referred to those who didn't get married in the Greenhouse.

As a public park they can't charge to go and have photos taken after a wedding elsewhere no matter how much they try to get a <cough> brown envelope donation. If I remember correctly they wanted £50 cash. Of course it wasn't paid and I was advising anyone else who has been told they 'have' to pay to use the park for wedding photos are being misled.

I'm sure your wedding will be fantastic, and I hope your day is everything you hope for. However, some peoples budgets don't run as large as they would like and corners are cut without detriment to the day. I know my sisters wedding was no worse for holding it at the Registry Office and using the money on something else.

To be honest, its beautiful place and as far as I am aware mostly supported by donations to FOBG, I don't think its that unfair to ask for a donation to keep it nice. If no one wanted to donate anything then noone could have their photos taken there.

I am getting married in the 'Greenhouse' - very soon in fact - and I am more than happy with what we paid. I am glad we are supporting the future use of the garden - we are already talking about sponsoring a tree or bench up there afterwards.

There's another thread on here I was just reading about the 10% gratuity that most people will pay to the caterers without thinking - maybe you should think of the £50 voluntary donation as a gratuity to the hard working gardeners up there?