Dingles pursue Hume case

This wont go before a judge

Absolutely agree. United will throw some money at it well before that stage. Lets face it, they've got enough. :)

There are a couple of points people seem to be missing here:

1. Ian Hume IS taking action against Chris Morgan.

2. Barnsley are taking action on the advice of one of these "experts" who says we can claim compensation.

3. Barnsley are looking for compensation for loss of a player for the season, replacement players, wages.

4. Ian Hume did not drive himself home, his father in law did.

To the person claiming it was the fault of Barnsley's medical staff, Ian Hume had a fractured skull leaving the pitch, not due to Barnsley medical staff.

Fact number 1: Chris Morgan fractured Ian Hume's skull by elbowing him.

Fact number 2: Iam Hume may never play football professionally again.

At the age of 24 he was a £1.2m striker, scoring goals in the Championship. He had international caps and arguably a bright future in the game. Barnsley signed him as an investment...only to see his career potentially ended by a Chris Morgan elbow. Should Barnsley be allowed to recoup money lost on that investment in the same way that Tom Heaton (Man Utd reserve player) did against the Middlesbrough player?

I agree that clubs shouldn't be taking action like this against each other but the Blades were the ones that took it upon themselves to go above and beyond the FA to claim back money, so don't complain when a club uses your own tricks against you.

And once the dingles commit to this ambulance chasing action, let's not hear Barnsley fans complaining when one of their players injures someone from another club, and that club sues yours... as you wouldn't complain either when a club uses your own tricks against you?

If they do go through with this, how much is Hume on - can't imagine he'd be on more than 5k a week for such an average player at such a smalltime club, can't believe they paid 1.2m!... so say 5k a week for say 26 weeks (Nov-end of season) - 130 grand? Obviously they can't be expecting his wages to be paid for the summer break... Then see how long it takes for him to come back to fitness.

It's not like he was top of the Championship scoring charts when he got his injury and subesequent mistreatment by his own club... or like the injury knocked them out of the playoff running, they were struggling at the time, as they're not a good side with or without Hume?

Barnsley will live to regret taking this action more than United - every single challenge that results in an enforced layoff through injury will be looked at by these scummy personal injury lawyers hawking for cases, it will change the face of the game here forever.

United's actions over Tevez will lead to clubs that are looking to bend the rules with overseas signings to think twice about what could happen to them... I doubt we'll see a similar situation to that happen here again. Very different to this case.

I've no problem with Hume pursuing Morgan personally over it if he thinks he has a case - it's Barnsley's despicable approach that's out of order, regardless of if they think they've got a case. You'd think no other team had ever lost a player for a long time through injury, and had to cope without it...!

As for Barnsley finding an expert who'll back their case...it's amazing how money talks...

Anyway, whatever happens, i'm sure we'll survive - I do wonder just how much they think they can fiddle out of the blades though? I'm sure McCabe will do what's needed.

The Fact 2 above... He may never play again?... he may play again too, so not much of a fact really...

Take your own advice.

If Barnsley win some money by doing this, then next season Darren Moore elbows a player of another team and they do the same to us I won't be phased because fair is fair. Similarly, United are being forced to swallow their own medicine by going outside the governing body for the sport.

Hume is one of the top earners at the club so I think around £8k would be more appropriate, the rest of what you said was just subjective nonsense. Form comes and goes during a season, who knows how many goals he would have scored or where Barnsley would have ended up. I suppose that is for the "experts" to decide.

Barnsley's actions aren't despicable, Morgan's conduct in that particular game was though. I have no doubt that Morgan would never have meant to injure another player like he did, but I really do believe he did mean to elbow him.

The particular expert Barnsley are speaking to is none other than the guy who defended West Ham, so he has some experience in this area. Hopefully he's learned a thing or two about the procedure by now.

Fact number 2: He may never play again as a result of Chris Morgan's elbow fracturing his skull - therefore compensation is almost guaranteed.

17 MP's have signed an early day motion for this to be reviewed so I think Barnsley have got a lot of people in places of power who may be able to sway this decision. Also almost every national newspaper condemned Morgan's actions and still lobby to get him punished. So is it really just dingles who believe the act was intentional, i think not!

As has been said before, I think it's a real shame that football clubs are resorting to this, but the blades started it despite it being a massively unpopular thing to do. I think more than just Barnsley fans will be supporting this action against the blades.

why is everyone so bothered about a soap dodger?

i would have thought his skull was barnsley thick

Dont need to prove intent. Just negligence. Already explained that.

Thanks for trying to explain things but I think you will find that you do need to prove intent. Do you need me to explain the law?

Reckless maybe deliberate no, does any player go out to deliberately do some one…………………..second thoughts Suffo springs to mind.:hihi:

Jamie Carragher springs to mind actually.

Then he went and admitted it in his autobiography.

shefftyke's got a fair point here,

which is worse

a player/team has not done the paperwork properly,

a player nearly KILLS another player

or a club that rather than sending their supposedly seriously ill player off to hospital immediately and keeping him under strict observation, send him home as if nothing's happened...and then are surprised when he's had a turn for the worse!

No one comes out of this affair too well, and Barnsley are certainly not in any position to take any moral high ground after their lack of care for their star player. Can't imagine either of the Sheffield teams letting a player wander off home in the car in such a situation, without a rigourous check up at the hospital.

Let's just hope Mr Hume is able to resume his career asap, as that's what really matters here - not some spat between the clubs. And any compensation that may arise goes directly to HIM, not to Barnsley or some sleazy lawyer...

i think Barnsley do come out of this totally blameless,

you can not send every player who has had a knock to the head to hospital for a rigourus check up,

if you did the hospitals would be full every sat/sun with players from pub teams to the premiership

and you can't sue for every bad tackle,

or if the paperworks not exact

Edited by plank

who's to say that if he'd have played since novemeber and his goals would have kept them in the championship if the get relegated,isn't it a little like well if west ham would have been docked points we would have stay up so it's there fault we got relegated not ours for chucking a 10 point lead away cause we weren't good enough?my point being barnsley may well have a case for loss of earnings just like the blades reckon they did.

so it's ok for sufc to sue for loss of earnings but nobody can do it to you,that is if barnsley go down.

i think Barnsley do come out of this totally blameless,

you can not send every player who has had a knock to the head to hospital for a rigourus check up,

if you did the hospitals would be full every sat/sun with players from pub teams to the premiership

and you can't sue for every bad tackle,

or if the paperworks not exact

Do what???

you are certainly living up to your name.

The club have a duty of care to the players, and as has been said many,. many times, Hume was quite obviously injured, and a head injury at that, so, I'm sorry, but there's NO excuse for Barnsley not taking him to hospital immediately.

ANY head injury could go "the wrong way", so EVERY head injury of that ilk should be checked out, and in double quick time.