People coming to your home asking for money..

I have had 2 people in the last week coming to my door and asking for a monthly donation to different charities (and a dozen or more over the past year).

There are very persistant and I find them very hard to get rid of!!!

On the odd occasion that they do start to take down my details (as I have given up trying to get rid of them) they are asking for bank details, phone numbers etc. I obviously dont hand over these details but surely this isnt right???

They could be anyone............

Does anyone have the same problems where they live?

xXx

We had one a few months back. It turned out the guy had gone to Uni with my o/h. She shut the door on him when he nodded to our house and remarked, "you're obviously doing alright so I'm sure you can spare £20 a month." Cheeky git.

I had the RSPCA last week told them to go away.

I support 3 charities, Macmillan, St Lukes and RSPCA. I tell anyone canvassing about my choices and if they persist I give them two words, the second one being 'OFF'.

We've had some charity for the deaf, cancer, RSPCA, RSPB and some charity about kids in Africa at the door over the last 7 months as well as an average of 3 of those collection bags a week shoved through the letter box.

I have had 2 people in the last week coming to my door and asking for a monthly donation to different charities (and a dozen or more over the past year).

On the odd occasion that they do start to take down my details (as I have given up trying to get rid of them) they are asking for bank details, phone numbers etc. I obviously dont hand over these details but surely this isnt right???

xXx

Just be rude and close the door if you want to get rid of them, i'm sure you wont be the first or last. Plus isnt sheffield to become a door canvessing free zone soon??

xXx

I don't understand why you find it so difficult?

I think you must be a nice person who finds it hard to say no.

Well, I'm quite a nice person who does my bit, but I don't have any problem saying 'not interested thank you' and closing the door

Don't get into conversation with them, just be strong.

We've had some charity for the deaf, cancer, RSPCA, RSPB and some charity about kids in Africa at the door over the last 7 months as well as an average of 3 of those collection bags a week shoved through the letter box.

They are ten a penny round where I live. Imagine if you put something in each one that came through your letterbox, you'd end up going round naked. We always save them for use as a bin bag.

I can't stand the ones that come to your door. remember though, the people who are doing these jobs more than likely don't want to be doing these jobs, and would much rather do something else.

As someone who's looking for a job at the moment to replace the one I've got, there's not that much out there that doesn't involve canvassing / telesales!

They've been up and down the roads near our house, but they never come to ours. I don't agree with it at all, and honestly don't know how they have the cheek.

They don't knock on my door either, maybe because they already know the answer.

Saying that I was stopped in town the other week by the NSPCC. I offered them the 2 kids I had but they never wanted them, however you should have seen their face when I said with a rather straight face "if you don't take them, then I will have to take them home and beat them with a belt again".

I don't mind giving some money now and then, but when I'm in a rush I don't want to be stopped

I would give them money if i had any haha job situations and all that!!!