Sheff nightlife, day-culture and life-music

Hi folks,

I am quite new here in this city and tried to figure out the szene here ... mainly met drunk midlife-crisis-tristies or youngsters. Music. hmmmm. Some real stuff, new music, not this mainstream disco radio mix. Good rock, good alternative pop?

I'm lost. Is there anyone outside my (new) office here, who would like to show me some Sheffield night-life, day-culture, walks out or good life-music locations? As young professional it is a bit hard to orientate between all those freshers here ....

Thanx for posts!

if you could be more specific about your interests it would help, sheffield has a fair amount to offer...

good luck fighting your way though the freshers! the next two weeks are gonna be hell. close your doors!!!

what's good music? I do not want to hear the mainstream radio hits, I do not want to listen to charts. There must be some places where real hand made music is played. I like a lot of things. Real drum'n'base - live! or what about a good reggae party? or some old school real rock music? or some newer things like deus, bjoerg-style, santana, everlast, ... you know what I mean? no boy groups, no music, where you have to be drunk to enjoy ...

theres riddimmition on fridays about once a month - reggae, dancehall and dub. its usually at 'the point' (better known as under the boardwalk) check the fly posters.

loads of good drumnbass/jungle nights coming up:

the tuesday club @ sheff uni students union (tuesdays, also hiphop)

Jungle Juice @ charles st (alternate thursdays)

drumnbass arena @ bed (1st friday of the month) 3rd oct, dj zinc, hype, ss

and theres a new night starting thursday oct 2nd at orchis, with dj hive - come to the sheffield forum meet up beforehand at classic rock bar if you want to go out as i might check it out.

Sheffields biggest real hiphop night every last Thursday of the month playin all the big tracks, classics and breakbeat for all the real hiphop heads. we are going to bring you that raw uncut vibe that you have

been waiting for.

Expect trips down memory lane, live performances, new skool, old skool, neo soul, funk, breakbeats, freestyles, cyphers, breakers… everything the culture embodies!

Plus we keep our ear to the street and every month we are going to have the UK's finest not to mention Sheffield's home grown talent put on a little showcase to show you why the HipHop scene is BIG!!!

When: last Thursday of every month

WHERE: SaWa 25-29 Arundel Gate Sheffield, S12PN

WHat: 9-Late, £3 entry

BREAKERS WELCOME!!

Sheffields biggest real hiphop night every last ...

Are you going for the record for the oldest ever thread resurrection (7 years!)?

Sheffield on a saturday night west street live is good for an old shot (£1 a shot at times)

Sheffield on a saturday night west street live is good for an old shot (£1 a shot at times)

indeed, most of our shots are at this price and we even have some at 50 pence each! Plus we offer the same prices on everything 7 nights a week.