The Manor on TV - An utter and complete "hell hole"?

Father Panic Village- is that in Conneticut?

Took a look at the link. What I found amusing is how the estate agent described the area. Estate agents are famed for overdoing the "talking up" of an area...sometimes it's exclusive, other times very popular....the real dodgy places appear to attract other descriptions such as "established" as it's the most nondescript way of not getting accused of misrepresentation while at least making it sound halfway positive about the place....as the valuer at SaxtonMee so carefully put, "OFFERED FOR SALE WITH EARLY VACANT POSSESSION AND NO CHAIN INVOLVED IN THIS ESTABLISHED RESIDENTIAL SUBURB "...... :help:

Originally posted by Lib1

For stunningly gorgeous countryside in Manor, see:

http://212.50.188.105/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?details1?src=vebra&PropertyCode=1104001/BASSL/21232/2 (scroll to the bottom of the screen- it's the last photo on the page).

There is a graveyard out of shot to the right of the pic, but, beyond that, there's nowt as far as the eye can see but rolling hills!

This isn't the countryside that I mentioned earlier- this is Deep Pitts National District Park. It's recently been regenerated as part of the Bellways Parklands development and it will be my view from my living and dining room. Not bad scenery, if I do say so myself!

Lib1

Hey Bertie-

As usual... you're not very quick on the uptake when it comes to understanding the purpose of my links now are you? The purpose of that particular link was to illustrate the national park.

This time, I'll spell it out for you... the purpose of the description in this link:

"SITUATED IN THIS POPULAR AND WELL ESTABLISHED RESIDENTIAL SUBURB IS THIS RECENTLY COMPLETED TWO DOUBLE BEDROOMED END TOWNHOUSE"

http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?details1?src=vebra&PropertyCode=1104001/BASSL/21552/2

in comparison to this link:

"An opportunity to purchase this new two bedroom apartment set within this increasingly popular development."

http://212.50.188.105/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?details1?src=vebra&PropertyCode=1086014/PARKG/49765/14

is to say... and your point is? Not much difference between them is there?

Lib1

Guest poppins
Originally posted by Lib1

Father Panic Village- is that in Conneticut?

Yes, Connecticut, and thats the real name of it !

"increasingly popular development" implies a more favourable impression than "POPULAR AND WELL ESTABLISHED" in my opinion....thanks for the ammunition....:hihi:

Originally posted by BertieBasset

"increasingly popular development" implies a more favourable impression than "POPULAR AND WELL ESTABLISHED" in my opinion....thanks for the ammunition....:hihi:

Both are estate agent talk so not really the best thing to use for comparisson. However the second one sounds better IMO, says it is already popular. The other one implies it was rubbish but is getting a bit better.

Can the Parklands vs Norfolk Park argument stop now, surely even the participants are getting bored? They are both nice developments, one costing more due to been half the distance to town. Otherwise very similar.

the former implies popular and becoming more so, the latter implies flatlined popularity...:)

Firstly...The Windsor pub is on the Wybourn estate, no where near the Manor IMO :?

Secondly...When did they re-name the Manor fields as a National Park :o I spent 90% of my childhood on those fields and half of it is swamp land :hihi:

*Vidster starts to dream of his childhood*

I jogged home from work over the 'Manor fields' last week and the Parkland's development is taking shape nicely IMO :thumbsup:

Bertie-

"increasingly popular development" in direct comparison with the "POPULAR AND WELL ESTABLISHED" description in this context tells me that the NP development hasn't been around for long enough to be called 'established' whereas the older bit of the Parklands has been there for about 3 years now and over time, the area has become established and has proven to be popular.

In about a year's time- I'm sure that the NP development will also be described as established and popular rather than just "increasingly popular".

Lib1

I think in a year's time the Norfolk Park Development will be described as an increasingly desirable area, a step up from increasingly popular IMO... :hihi:

Also I thought the only National Park around here was the Peak District :confused: