Rotherham United

Why cant rotherham united find somehere in rotherham to play football, come on how embarassing must it be if your football team cant even play in its home town. its like Manchester united playing home games in Leeds! :rant: the reason i ask is that i go to the gym at Don valley and about every 2 weeks i get there to find out i cant go into the gym because they are playing.

well i would get a refund on some of your membership fee's then.

Rotherham united have to move back to rotherham in a couple of years- Thats part of their deal with the FA- they are looking to build a new site next to the M1.

but it won't be for a couple of years as a minimum.

On behalf of the entire fan base of rotherham united I apologise because you can't use the gym, we send our sincere apologies, and although I like your comparison of the might millers to Man Utd it isn't really like them playing in Leeds, because they are quite a long way from each other..... It is like Manchester United playing in Salford, which is what they do.......

Haha

I agree. I think it is going down the orad of Frachising! Lets look at the example with MK dons. Im sure there is an agreement, which scottf said, that Rotherham have to be playing in Rotherham within 3 years! If they dont then they will loose their golden share!

I want to know how they will get the funding to build a new ground when they turned down the rent on millmoor as being too expensive!?

What they need is for Rotherham Council to Build a community stadium like Donny have! That way the council have an asset and I can use the treadmill :)

On behalf of the entire fan base of rotherham united I apologise because you can't use the gym, we send our sincere apologies, and although I like your comparison of the might millers to Man Utd it isn't really like them playing in Leeds, because they are quite a long way from each other..... It is like Manchester United playing in Salford, which is what they do.......

thanks for the apology from all 27 fans, plus from the Manchester United website the address is:

Club: Manchester United

Inauguration: 1878

Club Colours: Red & Black

Postal address:

Sir Matt Busby Way

Old Trafford

Manchester M16 0RA

Tel: +44 (0) 161 868 8000

Fax: +44 (0) 161 868 8868

Email: [email protected]

its close to Salford though, but its not quite the same as

Club: Rotherham United

Inauguration: 1877

Club Colours: Red

Postal address:

Don Valley Staduim

Darnall Road

SHEFFIELD

Tel: +44 (0) 114 221212

Fax: +44 (0) 114 221213

Email: enquiries@rotherhamunited(now based in sheffield).co.uk

:hihi:

It appears we are both wrong, it is in the borough of Trafford which is neither part of Salford or Manchester, but Greater Manchester...... However it is nearer to Salford in Trafford than Manchester

And if we have only 27 fans I am sure they wouldn't stop you using the gym would they? Or is it that the gym isn't closed and you are just scared of meeting the real men that come over the border from Rotherham.......

Rotherham didn't leave Millmoor because the rent was too expensive it was because the lease said when we stopped using Millmoor we would have to pay for it to be knocked down and put in a condition that the landlord could use it for something else, this would have cost too much on top of a new ground so the decision was made to go to Don Valley, which by the way is the most god awful place to watch football in the world ever....

It appears we are both wrong, it is in the borough of Trafford which is neither part of Salford or Manchester, but Greater Manchester...... However it is nearer to Salford in Trafford than Manchester

And if we have only 27 fans I am sure they wouldn't stop you using the gym would they? Or is it that the gym isn't closed and you are just scared of meeting the real men that come over the border from Rotherham.......

Touche magic rat, no the gym really is closed so the people of rotherham dont get confused with all the moving parts on the equipment. :hihi: joking aside what are the golden shares you have said they would loose if they dont move in 3 years?

edited post

Edited by Wroughton

We shouldn't laugh too much, teams ground sharing may be more common in the years to come with more teams in and out of administration.