Green Day at Sheffield Arena 26/10/09

Agreed on Know Your Enemy, compared to the rest of the album it's a poor song! They've so many good songs, could play for 6 hours and still not hear all the ones you'd like to.

Hoping for 2000 Light Years Away in Manchester!

did they get kids out of the crowd to play different instruments?

Yeah they did that last time. and the 2 times before that.

Great band, and no doubt they were great last night. but if you've seen 'em once...

whilst i love Green Day and thought they were good last night, for me they are like U2 now, it's exacytly what oddgit says "seen em once....."

a long time! 8 til nearly 11pm i think (not including support)

i must admit, although i enjoyed their performance it was a bit drawn out imo

How long did the gig last?

2hrs 40mins. And yes, by the time it finished, I was ready for home. Could have done with less 'eh ohs' and 'oi's' as well.. but it is Green Day after all! They are still looking good for their age and Billie Joe still looks the business :).

2hrs 40mins. And yes, by the time it finished, I was ready for home. Could have done with less 'eh ohs' and 'oi's' as well.. but it is Green Day after all! They are still looking good for their age and Billie Joe still looks the business :).

Indeed he does :love:

I really enjoyed it, but I agree it went a bit over the top at points, by about the 30th Freddy Mercury impersonation I was getting a little bored, it all got a bit cabaret. But overall it was great fun :)

I really do like the latest album. Their music has changed since they started, but it's been 15 years since Dookie came out and they're different people now. They played plenty of older stuff, in fact, I can only remember about 6 songs out of 30 from the new album last night.

I know they have changed....i'm not holding out for a full album playback of Dookie....to be honest Nimrod and American Idiot are my favourate albums of theirs....just think the new one lacked quality, maybe 4 great songs....and from what i remember out of the first 7 tracks I only liked one (Viva La Gloria).

I love the band....and give credit where its due.....everyband has a stinky album in their career....this is theres (for me).

Eeeeeh, I remember when you could only get their records on import and they played tiny little venues over here.

Was the lad who had his hair cut off and then sang one of the songs part of the show???

He seemed to be a little too good for someone who has been dragged out of the crowd.

Thanks i will phone the arena tomorrow i am still in a daze and they were so fantastic.

Thanks heidi x

Your mum has just been telling me all about it!!!:)

Bet you were very proud, I`d have been hysterical!!:D