Green Day at Sheffield Arena 26/10/09

Thanks i will phone the arena tomorrow i am still in a daze and they were so fantastic.

Thanks heidi x

Thanks i will phone the arena tomorrow i am still in a daze and they were so fantastic.

Thanks heidi x

I'd have loved to have seen them. So glad you had a good night :D

Was he the little boy, about 6 or 7? He looked like he loved it up there, be great if you could get a video to show him when he's older!

I thought it was a fantastic performance, well backed up with fireworks etc.

Liked the mix of songs they played, from the latest album, right back to pre-Dookie stuff.

Can't wait for Friday, when I get to see them all over again!!

latest album is rubbish, but still a class band with great back catalogue

I really do like the latest album. Their music has changed since they started, but it's been 15 years since Dookie came out and they're different people now. They played plenty of older stuff, in fact, I can only remember about 6 songs out of 30 from the new album last night.

Was the lad who had his hair cut off and then sang one of the songs part of the show???

He seemed to be a little too good for someone who has been dragged out of the crowd.

Was the lad who had his hair cut off and then sang one of the songs part of the show???

He seemed to be a little too good for someone who has been dragged out of the crowd.

He WAS out of the crowd! He was stood near us with a group of lads with Sheffield accents and was in shock when he came off the stage. Definately a real person, not someone placed.

Wonder what his hair looks like tonight?

How good was the little lad with the red tie on at the end too bless him!

The accoustic set at the end just finished off a perfect night for me.

LM - you could have come with me for free if I'd known! I ended up going down with my friend who also couldn't afford the ticket. Rather lose the price of one ticket and go than lose the price of 2 tickets and miss that performance last night.

Good one lads!

His name was Alex if I remember right. He was awesome! Working the crowd like a pro and sang it word for word. Loved the whole thing, best live band ive ever seen.

Well if the lad wasnt a plant he did an excellent job, I think he has a future in music.

i'm not really a fan, but i really enjoyed the show. it was great how they got the kids up on stage (i do agree that the latest album is very poor though imo)

Was that the little boy with a red tie on? I probably have some photos although they might be blurred. If you want to PM me your email I can try and send them through. I haven't looked back through them yet so not sure what I've got.

Great show! Was surprised and well chuffed that they played around 5 songs of 'Dookie'. However, was disappointed with the selected songs of '21st Century Breakdown'. 'Peacemaker' is my fav of the ablum and they didn't play that, along with 'Restless Heart Syndrome', 'Viva La Gloria' and 'Horseshoes & Handgrenades'. I detest 'Know Your Enemy'.

But being a massive 'Dookie' back in the day, it was all worth it to finally get to see them!