Green Day at Sheffield Arena 26/10/09

Green Day are making their Sheffield Arena debut on Monday 26th October - this will be the hottest concert ticket of the year - tickets on sale at 10am on Friday 1st May.

More information on the Arena web site http://www.sheffieldarena.co.uk/Forthcoming%20Events/Sheffield%20Arena/Events/Green%20Day/

Ooh, I hadn't seen this - may have to see if anyone wants to go.

I can't be bothered with them anymore. The new music seems to have taken all the fun out of them. Only the second time they've ever played Sheffield though!

I'm in!! LM Stuart wants to know if you want to go, he's not doing anything on Friday so is planning on buying tickets then!! :D :D :D

I'm in!! LM Stuart wants to know if you want to go, he's not doing anything on Friday so is planning on buying tickets then!! :D :D :D

If I can get £35 to you before Friday (I'm paid on Thursday so could meet either you or LM with the cash on that day if possible) - could I tag along with you all?

Ha ha, just as angry punk bands should be, Slick, over produced, merchanised to the hilt. Green Day should really have a look at what they say and do!! They are all "Right on" but I dont think they could be more capitalist!! LOL I saw them on the American Idiot tour and they were better produced than a Def Leppard gig!!

Will be going. Had a disastrous time at Milton Keynes last time, so hoping it will be much better. Strangely, I'd just changed into a Green Day shirt before I noticed this!

Ha ha, just as angry punk bands should be, Slick, over produced, merchanised to the hilt. Green Day should really have a look at what they say and do!! They are all "Right on" but I dont think they could be more capitalist!! LOL I saw them on the American Idiot tour and they were better produced than a Def Leppard gig!!

True enough, and the 'dragging the kids out of the crowd to play instruments' bit was nauseating, but they are still good. I'll still go along.

I've just noticed, you can only buy 2 tickets even if you queue?

My brother is buying ours, not sure whether it'll be seated or standing tickets we got for. Can't wait, less than 6 months :D

Last time I saw them was at Milton Keynes Bowl and they were fantastic live. They surprised me actually they were so good. The Arenas crappy acoustics may dampen their performance somewhat though

Last time I saw them was at Milton Keynes Bowl and they were fantastic live. They surprised me actually they were so good. The Arenas crappy acoustics may dampen their performance somewhat though

They were amazing in MK. I'd have prefered to see them there again, but it'll still be good to see them in Sheffield!