I've booked a Private Scan.

iv decided im gonna have a private scan too,but a 14-15 week one...because my first scan will be at 9+4(well hope i will be that!!)and the next one isn't till 20 weeks,i think its too long to wait till the next one!!!they do it in sheff for £100......binty,was it far to travel to yours?what was the name of it?

We travelled to Stockport for ours, so probably around 35 miles each way. It was a company called Ultrasound Now Ltd and Emma who did ours was brilliant!

My next scan is same date as yours and i think i'll be 8 weeks so unless they offer me one before 20 weeks, we're also going to book another one between 14-15 weeksish.

Theres a place called babybond in Barnsley and i've heard people recommend those :)

sounds good!!knowing us we'll end up there on the same day!!!

im gonna have my scan at jessops and then book in for the 14-15 week one.

i was thinking of one of them 4d ones but they are at 30-35 weeks and think they are a bit wierd!!....oh who am i kiddin,ill prob end up havin one of those too!!

Oh yes, i saw those on the wall yesterday and they looked like aliens :blush::hihi:

sounds good!!knowing us we'll end up there on the same day!!!

im gonna have my scan at jessops and then book in for the 14-15 week one.

i was thinking of one of them 4d ones but they are at 30-35 weeks and think they are a bit wierd!!....oh who am i kiddin,ill prob end up havin one of those too!!

Excessive scanning involves significant risk to your foetus. You need informed counselling about this before booking any unnecessary scans. Any responsible organisation offering private scans should be giving you clear warning about these risks, otherwise it is safe to presume they just want your money.

Excessive scanning involves significant risk to your foetus. You need informed counselling about this before booking any unnecessary scans. Any responsible organisation offering private scans should be giving you clear warning about these risks, otherwise it is safe to presume they just want your money.

From what i have read on the internet on independent sites, unrelated to places which perform scans, ultrasound scannning is a safe procedure. There is nothing to suggest that it is dangerous to the baby. I'd be interested to know what you think the significant risks are and where you have got this information?

From what i have read on the internet on independent sites, unrelated to places which perform scans, ultrasound scannning is a safe procedure. There is nothing to suggest that it is dangerous to the baby. I'd be interested to know what you think the significant risks are and where you have got this information?

Im going to second that.

If its so risky, how come they perform them in the first place?

what about people having multiples?they have a decent number of scans too!!

I have had six at jessops 1 as a volunteer, 1 because of cramps, 12 wk one, 20 wk one x2 because of position of baby and one at 32 weeks. Surely Jessops would not request volunteers for scans if it was a risk! Also the consultant who carries out 4d scans is a consultant at Jessops.

This isn't a proven fact. I had 12 ultrasounds and two MRI's during my pregnancy with LO, and we were told each time that there was no documented significant risk to the health of the foetus or yourself.

And congrats Binty!! :D :D

MMm yes, we had lots of scans due to having twins and I had to have various examinations involving my spine, all of which came at no significant risk, otherwise they wouldn't do it!

It's really NOT helpful to write absolute twaddle on a forum area which is for people to discuss things with others in a similar position. Especially when they could be emotionally vulnerable during a pregnancy!

I was scanned more or less every 2 weeks during my last 2 pregnancies, due to gestational diabetes, and them wanting to keep a check on the growth. I've never been told they're dangerous - quite the opposite. It's always been said that ultrsound is totally safe for you and your baby. Congrats ladies :)