I've booked a Private Scan.

As the title says, I’m booked in for Friday and have to go right upto Stockport!! After my horrible dream this morning, I’ve been constantly worrying it’s over for me, which is not good for either of us. I’ll only be 6+1.

Is it normal to not have sore boobs everyday? Apart from weeing a bit more than usual, that’s the only other symptom I’ve got at the moment! I thought you was supposed to be more tired in your first trimester? I’m having less sleep now cos i just don't seem that tired :confused:

:help: I need to stop worrying!!

:cry:

binty.....iv only just started to feel tired these past two days....im now 6+1,last week i could hardly sleep at all...i felt wide awake!!can they tell anything at a scan this early?i thought you would't be able to hear a heartbeat yet?

but if it puts your mind at rest,then i feel its something you will do anyway.....how much is a private scan?......

thinking of you hun,but i reckon you are worrying for nothing xxx

By week 6 you should be able to hear a heartbeat, I was informed this is why a lot of women request scans as early as they can.

It's cost £85 but I'd do anything to put her mind at rest...

yeah,i reckon she needs this!!im the opposite,iv been feeling so sick that i think there must be something wrong!!every pregnancy is different,a friend of mine is pregnant too,she's 10 weeks and had an internal scan at 7 weeks because she was worried as she'd not been having symptoms either....and her baby is fine!!!

big hugs binty......you'll be fine hun xx

Hi Binty

I'm 6+4, and only just starting to get tender b00bs, and even then it's barely noticable.

I've had one bout of morning sickness, and that was just more like mild nausea!

I know how worried you must be hun, but try and relax a little. I've bought pregnancy for dummies and there's a big section in there that says 'don't worry if you don't have any symptoms'!!

Apparantly less than half of us actually vomit during the first trimester and some women go the whole pregnancy with no, or very few symptoms at all!

'Morning sickness during pregnancy indicates a healthy pregnancy' - it's a myth!!

Hope the scan puts your mind at rest though....sending you big reassuring hugs! :)

aww binty hun hope goes well ur bound to feel uneasy im thinking of u if u need any1 to chat to im here :thumbsup:

aww binty hun hope goes well ur bound to feel uneasy im thinking of u if u need any1 to chat to im here :thumbsup:

whats happening with you hun?x

binty.....iv only just started to feel tired these past two days....im now 6+1,last week i could hardly sleep at all...i felt wide awake!!can they tell anything at a scan this early?i thought you would't be able to hear a heartbeat yet?

but if it puts your mind at rest,then i feel its something you will do anyway.....how much is a private scan?......

thinking of you hun,but i reckon you are worrying for nothing xxx

As D2J said, it's costing £85 but i wouldn't care if it'd cost £285, i'll still pay it! I need to know my bean is ok. We'll be able to hear the heartbeat but probably won't be able to see much!

Hi Binty

I'm 6+4, and only just starting to get tender b00bs, and even then it's barely noticable.

I've had one bout of morning sickness, and that was just more like mild nausea!

I know how worried you must be hun, but try and relax a little. I've bought pregnancy for dummies and there's a big section in there that says 'don't worry if you don't have any symptoms'!!

Apparantly less than half of us actually vomit during the first trimester and some women go the whole pregnancy with no, or very few symptoms at all!

'Morning sickness during pregnancy indicates a healthy pregnancy' - it's a myth!!

Hope the scan puts your mind at rest though....sending you big reassuring hugs! :)

It's probably worrying me even more that i've had very sore boobs for a day or so then yesterday/today they've not been sore? Hence why i've been worried but D2J says you don't get symptoms everyday!

I'm going to WH Smith's tonight to try and get the above book you've got, hopefully it'll put my mind at ease even more!

Thank you very much!

xx

Binty - as long as baby is safe and well, enjoy not having symtoms - i'm sure lots of women would bend over backwards for that :hihi: Good luck with the scan though, all sounds very exciting!

Unitl 6 weeks i had no symptoms and then I felt sick, was sick, felt tired etc, right up to last week at 16 weeks! My friend never felt one ill feeling during her pregnancy and she had a perfectly healthy little boy. My sore boobs this time came and went. I'd go for days without them.

Good luck with your scan. I'm sure all will be fine. The only thing is after the scan are you going to feel better or will you just feel the same every time your boobs aren't sore or you don't feel ill? A scan can only tell you that your baby is ok at that moment in time. Somehow you have to cope with the uneasy feelings all of the rest of the time until you reach 12 weeks when they might ease somewhat, but you'll still worry. I really would have a chat with your midwife or the people when you go for the scan to see if they can help you to manage your worries or you'll end up driving yourself mad.

I really feel for you becuase I know how worrying it is being pregnant. Good luck with it all xx

Unitl 6 weeks i had no symptoms and then I felt sick, was sick, felt tired etc, right up to last week at 16 weeks! My friend never felt one ill feeling during her pregnancy and she had a perfectly healthy little boy. My sore boobs this time came and went. I'd go for days without them.

Good luck with your scan. I'm sure all will be fine. The only thing is after the scan are you going to feel better or will you just feel the same every time your boobs aren't sore or you don't feel ill? A scan can only tell you that your baby is ok at that moment in time. Somehow you have to cope with the uneasy feelings all of the rest of the time until you reach 12 weeks when they might ease somewhat, but you'll still worry. I really would have a chat with your midwife or the people when you go for the scan to see if they can help you to manage your worries or you'll end up driving yourself mad.

I really feel for you becuase I know how worrying it is being pregnant. Good luck with it all xx

Thank you! Even reading that has made me feel a little bit better.

As soon as i know if the bean is ok, i'll feel MUCH better! I won't keep worrying! I'll also talk to my midwife and see what she says.

x

whats happening with you hun?x

fun you should ask that was talking to my partner about it im getting twinges in my tummy feeling tired an eating more:hihi: but still no sign of period im due on again at the wkend so if i miss again im straight to docs