Human Swine Flu

Suspected is alot different to confirmed. Especially when the confirmed deaths in Mexico has gone down to 7 from 20 when they retested the dead.

I don't know why people are panicking, especially when symptoms are only "mild". Normal flu sounds worse!

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean that when they retested the dead in turned out 13 of them were pretending and weren't actually dead at all?

I'm going to Ireland next week. I believe they have a few pigs there. Then I'm off to Norway a week later. Is there such a thing as fish flu? Not a lot of pigs in Israel, maybe I'll go there.

Unless the pigs have been spending time with their piggy cousins in Mexico I don't think you need to worry about them. I might worry about the PEOPLE you come into contact with though.

It's called swine flu because it originated in pigs - it has now mutated and spread to humans. You are not going to catch it from a pig. Pigs don't tend to travel to see other pigs that often. So unless you're going to go and visit the specific pigs in Mexico that are responsible, i think you're a little more likely to catch it from another human being.

You can't. Ring the doctors! Even if it is Swine flue it will only knock you as much as the normal stuff and will probably pass without treatment, never mind the dose of anti-virals they will give you anyway. You'll also have your name in the news cos not many people have it yet. Thats about the long and short of it.

Flu symptoms include aching, headaches, fever, drowsiness, lethargy and can incorporate cold symptoms too... but not always. My guess is you have a cold.

I agree I just have a cold - I've not been to Mexico, Not spoken to anyone who has just got back from Mexico, nor spoken to any Mexicans, and my fella had it last week, (granted a bit milder) and he has recovered, so i'm not too concerned at all I just don't like being avoided! (Although getting my name in the papers could be quite cool.. but maybe for all the wrong reasons??)

I agree I just have a cold - I've not been to Mexico, Not spoken to anyone who has just got back from Mexico, nor spoken to any Mexicans, and my fella had it last week, (granted a bit milder) and he has recovered, so i'm not too concerned at all I just don't like being avoided! (Although getting my name in the papers could be quite cool.. but maybe for all the wrong reasons??)

Tell them to grow up and stop being prats! if it was swine flu you'd have spread it before the symptoms presented so they'd all have it anyway:D

Tell them to grow up and stop being prats! if it was swine flu you'd have spread it before the symptoms presented so they'd all have it anyway:D

:hihi::hihi: And to be honest they would deserve it :D

:hihi::hihi: And to be honest they would deserve it :D

Just run up to them, sneeze full blast in their face then tell them your feeling all hot and cold and dizzy. They'll soil themselves!! :hihi:

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean that when they retested the dead in turned out 13 of them were pretending and weren't actually dead at all?

Ooops! I meant the number of confirmed deaths from Pig Cold went from 20 to 7, so the other 13 are still dead, but died of something other than Pig Cold

Just run up to them, sneeze full blast in their face then tell them your feeling all hot and cold and dizzy. They'll soil themselves!! :hihi:

Ill google some pictures of Mexico, print them off and show them all my "holiday snaps" shortly before the sneeze methinks.. I coughed on a bus yesterday and i'm sure I nearly got thrown off!!

You don't know how right you are. Whenever something like this happens it is painfully obvious what is going on. There is no swine or bird flu, no mad cow disease or CJD either. These are clearly outbreaks of zombies that the respective governments are trying to stop before they spread to the general population. Open your eyes people.

Why did the mexican sneeze on his wife...........?

Tequila

First human to human transfer in UK has been confirmed.

By the way, how effective do you think the drugs are (e.g. Tamiflu)?

25% better than a placebo according to my paper this morning....oo er...I was under the impression that they would definitely cure sufferers. They are better at prevention than cure, apparently.

Also comforting to know that the flu helpline which will prescribe these anti flu meds will be ready.....in the autumn....:|