Human Swine Flu

my daughters fella works on a pig farm, should i be worried???????:help:

No but the pigs should.

If my reasearch is correct its intersting given all the press coverage:

The total deaths from flu in the US on a typical day is around 54.

Total who have so far died from swine flu in the US ummm that would be zero!

Does that really warrent all the scare storys?

If my reasearch is correct its intersting given all the press coverage:

The total deaths from flu in the US on a typical day is around 54.

Total who have so far died from swine flu in the US ummm that would be zero!

Does that really warrent all the scare storys?

Thousands a year die as a result of flu in this country as well, but it's the fact that this is the first time humans have caught this strain which is causing the concern. There are no confirmed deaths at all outside Mexico.

I assume Mexicans are dying because it had already spread before anyone was aware of it.

Much of the emergency planning is about coping with lots of people being ill at the same time rather than people actually dying.

Just watching the coverage on Sky. What a load of scaremongering tosh. They really love this sort of thing. Showing photos of the Scottish couple as if they were dead! (In fact they are getting better)

Anything to distract us from the state of the country today ...

SOUTH YORKSHIRE’S NHS WELL PREPARED FOR MEXICAN FLU

South Yorkshire is well prepared for any cases of Mexican flu – that’s the message from the region’s NHS and Health Protection Agency.

Dr Jeremy Wight, director of public health at NHS Sheffield, which leads on co-ordinated NHS responses for South Yorkshire in situations like this, said: “We know people are returning to the region from trips to Mexico and we’re closely monitoring the situation with frontline NHS staff. They are well briefed and ready to treat anyone who has flu like symptoms.

“There are currently no confirmed cases of Mexican flu in South Yorkshire though if there were, the region’s NHS has been planning for some time and is well prepared.

“There are also plenty of antiviral stocks in the region and there is evidence that the drug is effective in the treatment of this strain of flu.

“Anyone who has recently travelled to Mexico and is experiencing flu like illness should stay at home and telephone their GP or NHS Direct for medical advice. It’s important that people monitor their health closely for seven days after their visit.”

The HPA is also suggesting people follow standard respiratory and hand hygiene and ensure that:

• You avoid contact with other people as much as possible

• You cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, using a tissue when possible. Dispose of dirty tissues promptly and carefully.

• Maintain good basic hygiene, for example washing hands frequently with soap and water to reduce the spread of the virus from your hands to face or to other people.

• Clean hard surfaces (eg door handles) frequently using a normal cleaning product.

• Make sure your children follow this advice.

I'm really craving pork now. I'm going to have to have some for my tea.

As for this Swine Flu, I'm not scared.

I'm glad I don't have any holidays overseas booked though, everytime I go on an aeroplane, the air pressure does something to sinuses which means I have flu like symptoms during the entire flight, I daren't think about going on a plane now incase they bung me into Quarantine thinking i've got it!

this is the big one maybe the end of us,my miss piggy jokes are finished wheres my face mask I need some cigs and a J&D

It says on the BBC website that anyone contracting it outside of Mexico have had slightly unwell feelings but have made a full recovery.