Event sponsorship

Hi, I'm running an event for charity later on in the year it's going to be at a 1000 capacity venue and in the local area what would be the best way to go about getting sponsorship for it? We're expecting the event to be successful and to fill the venue. Sponsors will get a mention on our website, social networking sites, any press we manage to generate and at the event. The event is aimed at 14-21 year olds although all ages 14 upwards will be expected to turn up. The event is also being advertised by the venue but we will not be able to mention our sponsors on there as they run their own independent advertising.

Natz

It's to raise money for The Stroke Association and maybe awareness too. It's aimed at 14-21 year olds who probably wouldn't normally be interested in something like that but we will be using popular bands to headline the event so we're confident it will be successful. We don't have any acts confirmed at the moment but are in the middle of negotiations with a few popular bands. It's part of the 'Saved by Sound' tour the idea of it is to use music to change the world. We might not be changing the world just yet but we have to start somewhere and i'd say a few small gigs at local venues and a 1000 capacity venue is a pretty good starting point.

How much sponsorship are you after?

Are we talking a grand or two hundred grand?

Sorry for the late reply i've been extremely busy with other gigs. Only a small amount really about a grand if possible maybe less, just enough to cover costs of artists perfoming at the final gig.

Why not have a venue / after party people.

or the old classic drinks sponsor perhaps kelham island?

thanks for that i'll have a look into it cheers

Have you tried SYFAB - South Yorkshire Funding Advice Bureau? They won't likely sponsor the event, but they may be able to help you find funding sources that your event may be supported by.

They are based in The Circle on Rockingham Lane.

Hi, I'm running an event for charity later on in the year it's going to be at a 1000 capacity venue and in the local area what would be the best way to go about getting sponsorship for it? We're expecting the event to be successful and to fill the venue. Sponsors will get a mention on our website, social networking sites, any press we manage to generate and at the event. The event is aimed at 14-21 year olds although all ages 14 upwards will be expected to turn up. The event is also being advertised by the venue but we will not be able to mention our sponsors on there as they run their own independent advertising.

Natz

PM the details we are currently looking for events / clubs in Sheffield to sponsor