Albert Road Fire - Court Case

The trial starts on monday for the 3 accused. I hope justice will be done.

Charges dropped from murder to manslaugher. The justice system has let the poor people who were took away in such a barbaric way down. Tomorrow is sentencing day. The Murdering scum will pay.

Here we are:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Nine-years-in-jail-for.5434279.jp

I don't normally feel moved to comment on sentencing but this is absolutely pathetic. These people killed three others and have been handed very light sentences in my opinion.

The justice system is sending out the message that murder (or manslaughter) can be carried out with only the risk of a few years inside. This is a disgrace.

Is this thread running somewhere else? I'dve thought everyone would find this sentence ridiculous.

this is absolutely sickening...

lenient sentences for pre-meditated 'murder' seem to be common place, its very scary.

No wonder the boys were laughing their way through the trial...

Who do you complain to though??????

this is absolutely sickening...

lenient sentences for pre-meditated 'murder' seem to be common place, its very scary.

No wonder the boys were laughing their way through the trial...

Who do you complain to though??????

You don't because no-one with any power cares or is listening. I agree with everything you've said.

The lad could be out in two years for murdering three people. Don't think I have ever heard of such a shockingly light sentence.

If anyone wants to write to the judge (Mr Justice King) then you can e-mail here and complain. I know I have.

general.enquiries@judiciary.gsi.gov.uk

Also write to the local MP Meg Munn to complain

munnm@parliment.uk

'Justice' King?

I wonder if his first name begins with the letter F?

Out of touch waste of space.

This junk (the accused, not the 'judge') should have been sent to the gallows, pronto.

(The judge/sympathiser should be removed immediately.)

Edited by Ousetunes

I have sent an email to M.Munn articulating my sense of dismay. I don't hold my breathe though...:(

Is this thread running somewhere else? I'dve thought everyone would find this sentence ridiculous.

I'm sure most people will be disgusted at the sentencing in this case, but it seems to be typical of the judicial attitude these days. Life is cheap and the perpetrators of vicious crimes receive more official sympathy than do the victims and their relatives.

Maybe if the victims had been from a different part of society then the outcome would have meant double these years.

I'm outraged.

The court case was a farce from day one. The justice system has totally let the families down. Two of the murdering scum will be released in around 2 years time. Where is the justice in that? All the evidence was there and I have no doubt that if it had gone to jury all three would of been found guilty of murder.