Healthy eating whilst Pregnant.

Surely this is what your supposed to do isn't it? So why the bloody hell am i craving everything that's bad! :roll:

I've been doing Weight Watchers for months and months but obviously had to stop now so i'm trying to do healthy eating for both of us but it's proving difficult. Fruit, i can cope with, Veg, most of it is minging but i'm going to give it a good try! I'm just not getting the cravings for healthy things like i am naughty things.

I've already had a Pot Noodle and some Pom Pom Bears - they aren't good for the wee little bub :help:

How do you try and forget the cravings for naughty stuff?

:help:

Just eat everything in sight foodwise. Stop when you start trying to eat the washing powder. The cravings will get you im telling yer. :D

My MW told me your body craves the food it needs, so maybe you do generally eat healthier than you realised and the cravings for "rubbish" are down to a lack or salt/sugar/fat??????? How this works whe people crave things like coal i'm ot so sure!

Erm, i'm not sure? I've eaten crap for the last 4/5 weeks which isn't good but before that i did used to eat quite healthy.

all i want to eat is crap too!!!thats when im not feeling sick....from subways to kebabs,iv been craving them all!!apart from chocolate.....dont fancy that at all...which is wierd!cos i normally lurve chocolate!!

all i want to eat is crap too!!!thats when im not feeling sick....from subways to kebabs,iv been craving them all!!apart from chocolate.....dont fancy that at all...which is wierd!cos i normally lurve chocolate!!

:hihi: Me too! Chocolate just isn't interesting me at all.

Surely this is what your supposed to do isn't it? So why the bloody hell am i craving everything that's bad! :roll:

I've been doing Weight Watchers for months and months but obviously had to stop now so i'm trying to do healthy eating for both of us but it's proving difficult. Fruit, i can cope with, Veg, most of it is minging but i'm going to give it a good try! I'm just not getting the cravings for healthy things like i am naughty things.

I've already had a Pot Noodle and some Pom Pom Bears - they aren't good for the wee little bub :help:

How do you try and forget the cravings for naughty stuff?

:help:

I wanted salty and vinegary stuff and couldn't hack grease at all. I ate salt and vinegar crisps or pickled onion Monster Munch most days, raw onion soaked in vinegar, pickled onions, cucumber soaked in vinegar.

Since I would throw up for hours after anything greasy I was only able to eat healthy foods other than salty stuff. Carbs were tedious, flavourless and boring.

However, clearly the gruesome twosome needed the salt, fruit and veg in utero and it all abated after birth.

Maybe you could try and make yourself eat a basic amount of the right stuff and then indulge in the cravings. You could try Graze.com maybe. Then you don't need to worry so much about the bad stuff.

It might also be worth considering dark green veg, bran flakes and dried apricots for a natural intake of folic acid and the 'right stuff'.

with my first i craved everything! and was always hungry and belive me i ate chicken curry, chips and rice most nights if not it was things like kebabs etc etc but i did end up putting on 3 or 4 stone! still trying to shift it tbh and hes 10 this year :hihi:

but with my second i couldnt eat anything except melons and cuppa soups and some water. if i ate or smelt anything else i was being sick, it slowed down eventually but for the last 6 months of the pregnancy i couldnt eat any meat or meat products, i ate so much bloody veg. it even carried on for 5 months after she was born i still couldnt eat big amounts or certain things without feeling sick. but i did only put on about 1 stone with my girl which has come off ok now.

only thing i can suggest is if u want something sweet then id try red grapes or strawberrys, or even a yoghurt can really curb a swet craving and if ya fancy chocolate try dark as you eat less of it :thumbsup:

if your wanting spicy curry kebab type food try cooking your own but add extra spices and stuff that way u know exactley whats gone into it ;) like for instance some chicken (turkey breast is best) diced and put onto skewers marinated with natural yogurt and a selection of spices then serve it with some cous cous thats got small dices of veg in it and some lemon or lime juice in and maybe serve with some salad too. it will curb the curry craving and you can get loads of the veg you need:thumbsup:

omg i want this now!!:love:

im pregent , and i dont eat healthy what so ever ! , im having things what i fancy or crave lol.

I craved crap in every pregnancy, I put on 4 1/2 st first time round!

I also believe in listening to what your body is craving, even if it involves eating shoe polish!