Anyone know and local gluten free fish and chip shops near sheffield?

I discoverd a gluten free fish and chip shop in york which has gluten free wednesdays but its a bit far too go for my craving.. any one know anywhere closer? Im trying to persuade new cod on the block to go gluten free one day a week and they seemed receptive so any fellow coeliacs should go there (dont eat tho as even the chips have got flour on the aparently) and tell them you'd be interested in their gluten free option..

thanks

I'm not one billion percent sure but I thought I saw that the new chippy 'Green Steps' just off Sharrow Vale Road was offering a gluten free option?

M.

Im trying to persuade new cod on the block to go gluten free one day a week and they seemed receptive so any fellow coeliacs should go there (dont eat tho as even the chips have got flour on the aparently) and tell them you'd be interested in their gluten free option..

thanks

Whats the point in them going there and not eating??

because if they know that many local people would be interested they are more likely to want to start serving it..

I can just imagine it now.

<travel to fish and chop shop>

<walk into fish and chip shop>

"hi i'm interested in the gluten free option"

"i see...do you want anything?"

"err, no"

"next please"

<walk out>

<travel home>

thats obviously not what i meant, but thanks for your understanding and help..

its actually quite difficult having a food intolerance and not being able to eat any of the things that your friends and family can,

Raising awareness is the only thing we can do to encourage local businesses to cater for us,

p.s. thank you so much AngryMuppet as Ive just phones green steps and they're exclusively glutenfreee.. so excited. havent had batter in over a year..

I'm not one billion percent sure but I thought I saw that the new chippy 'Green Steps' just off Sharrow Vale Road was offering a gluten free option?

M.

That appears to be true :)

I'm going to be trying it next time I'm in sheffield at scoff time :D

M.

It's true, you are one billion percent correct.

There was an article in the star about it.

I know its not exactly Sheffield but if you fancy a trip to Barnsley then go to

Keelings Fish Shop 165 Racecommon Road Barnsley S70 6JY

Tel: 01226 298043

They do Gluten Free Fish and chips - a great shop !

Welp I've not had the pleasure of a green steps yet... but 2 steps has always been consistently ace... so I'm guessing they will be too...

M.