Upscaling pvr through dvd recorder

I wondered if anyone has any advice on upscaling my pvr.

I have a humax pvr that only has scart output but my DVD has just packed up and I wondered if I was to get a DVD recorder with upscaling would my pvr picture be better if i ran it through the DVD and then to the tv via the HDMI cable??

ren

Some Amps, like my Onkyo, do upscaling. Would a DVD recorder upscale a picture from an scart feed, though, or just upscale DVD playback?

Some Amps, like my Onkyo, do upscaling. Would a DVD recorder upscale a picture from an scart feed, though, or just upscale DVD playback?

I have the Toshiba Upscaling HDMI player rd-97dt 250gb. It has freeview built in but i have no antenna so i put my Virgin digibox through it via scart.

The PVR LCD display is telling me it's upgrading the picture to 1080 when watching TV via scart.

I have tested it with next doors TV while they were watching the Man UTD FA cup other day. He has a Samsung LCD and Virgin digibox, his picture around the players was blocky and fuzzy. My picture on a Samsung with the upscaler is much more sharp and not as fuzzy, the picture is also better colour wise too.

I'm not saying that ALL upscaling PVR's are like this cos i'm sure the lower end may ony upscale DVD's.

I'm not saying that ALL upscaling PVR's are like this cos i'm sure the lower end may ony upscale DVD's.

Thats what I thought might happen. My pvr is just connected to my lcd TV with a scart and the picture is a bit blocky and i thought that if I ran it through the dvd it might make the picture a bit better. My tv is connected with an indoor aerial so its not ideal, I just thought I could cheat a better picture!