give me club vibe anyday

I used to enjoy Embrace but one week me and my boyfriend got jumped by a group of seven lads which i ended up having to do an identity parade to identify them and my fella got his head jumped on, (which, by the way, was the bouncers fault). Few weeks later i thought it was a one off, went without fella and with some girlfriends, and got my purse stolen out of my bag along with my phone. Not been back since and this was pushing two years ago.

Ah the Oceana rumour still exists then...Yep we all know they had plans for Currys on the moor that was in '06. That was the last we heard until a few students found the plans & then made a group on a popular social network site and was saying it was offical...Sorry but not happening just like Gatecrasher won't build another club...Now that was a club when it was Gatecrasher night not a student night. :thumbsup:

That was the old runmour, but the truth from that situation is that Oceana are going to build on the corner building near Curry's, and that Oceana were due to start in March this year but was delayed until March 2010 because of the 'economic crisis'! This has all come from the General Manager of Oceana in Leeds!!

Until it opens (if it ever does!) and Stick (litrally!) to Embrace!!

Its not that bad? its worse! DQ is horrible, avoid at all costs.

ALL COSTS

I Agree!!

DQ Is The most Awful Place in the world EVER!! And i know it sounds bad, but one day someone is going to get shot/ stabbed in that place, worse atmosphere ever!!

That was the old runmour, but the truth from that situation is that Oceana are going to build on the corner building near Curry's, and that Oceana were due to start in March this year but was delayed until March 2010 because of the 'economic crisis'! This has all come from the General Manager of Oceana in Leeds!!

THis is the attitude I dont get. Peole generally accept that embrace is a steaming pile of turd but go because theres nowhere else! Just dont go otherwise it stays open. Stop going, it closes down then a new club opens, sorted.

Link me to the interview where he has actually said this & i will believe you...From what i have read off different people not just one it was to be a restaurant/late bar with a terrace on run by a few people who already have bars.

Maybe I'm getting old and will soon be queuing up for my pension, but give me a late bar any day. Would much prefer to stay in somewhere like Bar 23, Vodka Rev, Old House, Ruby Lounge or Forum rather than go to a chav infested club that STILL play's Ian Van Dahl

Link me to the interview where he has actually said this & i will believe you...From what i have read off different people not just one it was to be a restaurant/late bar with a terrace on run by a few people who already have bars.

He said it to a group of me and my friends when we went out in Leeds, as my best friend knows him personally (so we get in for FREE!!). I dunno, I first thought it was a rumour but since he said that it wasn't, i've done nothing but here of things saying that they were going to start in March!?!?

THis is the attitude I dont get. Peole generally accept that embrace is a steaming pile of turd but go because theres nowhere else! Just dont go otherwise it stays open. Stop going, it closes down then a new club opens, sorted.

I don't think its a 'steaming pile of turd', i do think it could do with a good clean and cheaper prices, but i do think they play good music (if you disagree with me i don't care, i like it :hihi::hihi:)

And i won't stop going, where else is there apart from vibe, plug and shushhh whats open after everywhere else closes? And i refuse to go to them, maybe plug but only on a few selected nights!

I don't think its a 'steaming pile of turd', i do think it could do with a good clean and cheaper prices, but i do think they play good music (if you disagree with me i don't care, i like it :hihi::hihi:)

And i won't stop going, where else is there apart from vibe, plug and shushhh whats open after everywhere else closes? And i refuse to go to them, maybe plug but only on a few selected nights!

Thats exactly the attitude you get in Embrace aswell...i don't care what you think...Grow up.

Oh dear. That says it all doesn't it? Plays good music? There are lots of other places to go but i wont be telling you about them. You might ask the DJ if he's got any Girls Aloud.

We really shouldn't look down on people based on their music taste.

I lived in Manchester until a few months back and I guess I used to be what you would call a 'proper clubber'. Sankeys Soap, Bugged Out and Back2Basics were prob my faves back in the day. I used to be a bit of a music and club snob but I have learnt to chill out a bit.

I went to Embrace a few weeks back. I wasn't expecting a 'proper club' like those of old I mentioned above. The music was cheesy (IMO), the girls were young and tarty, and the guys all looked the same ... sted heads with tight white t-shirts. It was dirty, smelly and the bar staff were arrogant. Guess what? I had a bloody ace night!! Why? Because a night out, like life, is what you make of it and in that particular instance, some good company, plenty of booze and a playful attitude made much more difference to my night than the music, clientele or venue. Oh, and I didn't see a single 'altercation'