I'm watching Pascal Laugiers extreme horror tonight, "Martyrs". It's an film about a young womans quest for revenge against the people who kidnapped and tortured her as a child. The reviews are excellent, although it was widely reported that many had to leave the cinema to vomit.

Anyone seen it?

Well, I did watch this in the end and it was very disturbing, not in a Saw/ Hostel kind of way, but genuinelly sad and almost overbearing.

The film centres on two girls, one who was kidnapped and badly abused and cut up when younger. With her firend, they seek and find revenge - of a sort.

The film is schozophrenic; the second half changes everything around and we slowly have our emotions and senses razed to the ground. Any relief we find is quickly snatched away.

The film reveals a group of professionals, academics, doctrors and such like who believe in transmorgification (sp) - the belief that through suffering we can achieve a true spritual awakening, we can achieve a religious martyrdom.

i too have watched this film, and found it very unsettling, i wasnt expecting that ending, very well acted and filmed, those foreign guys can make one hell of an impact

i too have watched this film, and found it very unsettling, i wasnt expecting that ending, very well acted and filmed, those foreign guys can make one hell of an impact

And based on your rating in the film thread i am going to watch it over the next couple of days. Possibly tonight.