What's Stocksbridge like to live in?

This has been covered before here:

Stocksbridge thread

but it was a year ago so wo't merge.

i lived at stocksbridge for 15years,then exchanged to deepcar,i prefer stocksbridge to deercar,we are not all overweight,my kids have all left home now but im still here,wouldnt live anywhere else,everyones friendly,theres far worse places to live.

We have never lived in Stocksbridge but it is our number 1 place whilst we are looking for houses.

It is amazingly beautiful and the people are really friendly. For instance, we looked at a house and the next door neighbours introduced themselves, answered our questions and invited us to the weekly bbq's they hold on their front garden. All this and we hadn't even put an offer in!

Having 2 dogs, it is ideally situated for a 2 minute walk in any direction, leading to fields, woodland and not much further are the reserviours.

Stocksbridge seems to have this reputation of everybody being inbred - probably due to lots of the parents' children also buying houses in the area. Do YOU shag YOUR own children just cos they live nearby? Of course you don't, it's ridiculous.

So many narrow-minded people on this forum, stop being losers and get out more.

Stunning coutryside, great people, well priced houses. What more could you ask for?

Oh and the Steelworks on the other side of the valley have all but closed down now. Can't see Corus being around much longer.

Originally posted by mullers

...we looked at a house and the next door neighbours introduced themselves, answered our questions and invited us to the weekly bbq's they hold on their front garden...

Have you not seen the butchers shop on "The League of Gentlemen"...

...maybe you were going to be the barbeque!

:suspect:

I gave myself 10 minutes for someone to come up with that - Well done! you beat it by 2 minutes! :loopy:

Originally posted by mullers

I gave myself 10 minutes for someone to come up with that - Well done! you beat it by 2 minutes! :loopy:

Oooh, 'ark at her!

Keep yer nickers on luvvie.

:D

"You'll never leave"

Well ddolly the big question now remains .

Have you been up for a visit yet and if so what did you think?

I've just read this whole thread and can't believe what people think of Stocksbridge!

I think it's fantastic. I lived here all my life then left for 18 months to live in Woodseats but i came back and would much rather live in Stocky!

Why do people think we're all inbred? Yeah i've got quite a few relatives here but that doesn't mean we're at it with each other!

I just felt i had to write something coz STOCKSBRIDGE IS GREAT!!!

My eldest son has moved from there but you have got to have a 4 wheel drive to get up and down the hills when it snows. Buses don't even run when it snows (and he lived on the route). Great if you like churches and hairdressers. Costs a fortune in petrol getting back and forth to Sheffield. Bad going into town via Stocksbridge byepass. Murder nose to tail off J35A to wentworth roundabout at night.